Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rambling for anyone reading this drivel.

Have you ever had so much to do that you just can't bring yourself to do anything? I think that's where I'm at now. I'll start working on my to do list and whittle it down a few things at a time and then just give up, however I know if I'd just do the stuff on it I would feel so much better. Nothing like procrastination!

I have no idea how I'm going to pack in the little bags I have assigned to the task. Every past traveler insist that you travel light, but has a list a mile long of necessities. Ugh. I have nixed a few of their necessities. Down to grabbing just a few more things beyond clothes to stuff in the bag. I went to Target today and grabbed more sample size stuff. I normally don't worry about taking sample size of anything when I travel however, space and weight are my bigger worries now. I'll pack the clothes and last min toiletries the day of, next week I plan on getting the house pretty clean, ha! I'm more worried about trying to find something like Tums in a Ukrainian drug store so I have a pretty good stock of OTC stuff packed. I'm a regular walking Walgreens.

No news is good news coming out of Ukraine. I haven't heard a peep from our facilitator so I'm guessing things are moving smoothly there. I do worry, as I have seen another blog that has turned down two referrals now and I think they are using the same facilitator. I don't know their details. It's hard not to worry about people getting bad referrals. You wonder are their acceptable conditions so much stricter than mine or are they determined to only come home with a 2 year old girl (the holy grail of Ukrainian adoption it seems). I'm not saying this particular couple doesn't have a wide range of parameters, or that they are set on only a girl it just makes me wonder exactly what do they have in their minds eye as their child, and that maybe the child they turned down would be right up our alley. Overall the blogs I've been watching seem to be getting "good" referrals so I hope it's an isolated incident. I wish the best of luck to the couple still searching.

Well I really must get to work, I've got bills to pay, a book report to write and a vacuum cleaner to run.

If your reading this crap, leave a comment!
Winnie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading! I'm looking forward to following your adventure in Ukraine. Thanks for bringing us along.

The Flying Eagle said...

Of course I am reading. I am sure that I will be feeling the same exact way in a few months! Keep sharing -- it is vital for those of us who are looking to you for info & direction & ideas. By the way -- who is your facilitator?

adoptedthree said...

Just to encourage you, each adoption is a completely different experience. What happens to one family may be heartbreaking, while your adoption is perfect!

Happy thoughts and prayers!

Kris said...

Looking forward to following you on your journey to Ukraine, such an adventure it is, I remember so clearly the days leading up to each of our trips to Russia, the nerves, the chaos, the anxiety, the unknown.
Such a wonderful rollercoaster ride it is, can't wait to follow you thru it!

Julie said...

I can relate to the feeling of too much to do and not knowing where to start. That is how I felt most of the week. Now it's down to the wire and time to get busy!
See you in Kiev!!!
Julie