Sunday, February 10, 2008

For entertainment purposes only

Not a lot new here, but I see I'm getting some hits so somebody is out there reading my drivel so I thought I'd post with my saga of carpet cleaning!

My husband's job has a LARGE industrial carpet cleaning machine, supposedly for work use however it gets used by employess just as much, anyhow after months of hounding him to bring it home he did this weekend. We hauled it upstairs and filled it up and got it going, all was going well until I had the bright idea " Let's clean our mattress" hubby said "go for it" an hour or so later of bending at unnatural angles I got it done and started on the stairs ( the real reason for bringing home the machine) two hours later with a hand tool because the big floor thing won't make the corner I finish the stairwell. Grant you the stair carpet looks MUCH better however at this point I literally crawled up the stairs to turn off the machine as my back was doomed to have a permanent bend in it. Amazingly this morning I wasn't that sore, I was a little stiff but not that bad. Then this afternoon I decided to do the living room chair and it caught up with me again, I see that's it going to be a while before I'm back in stooping shape.

Today we tested our new coats out well. I purchased hubby a nicer wool coat to carry to Ukraine as the only winter coat he had was a Carhart. Anyhow after dashing from house to car, car to church in 20 below wind chill he decided that the coat wasn't ment for this type of cold. Uff da as the relatives say, so I'm hoping spring comes early to Ukraine this year. However my coat did just fine.

3 comments:

Admin said...

You're so lucky that you get to test out your coats before leaving! We're from AZ & it was hot today, so we just have to hope that ours will be good enough... I love your carpet cleaning story. It sounds like you are nesting a little bit!

junglemama said...

I never heard of cleaning a matress before. Interesting. :)

Winnie said...

I've never heard of cleaning a mattress either but when you have that big machine sitting there... Also I remembered something about your mattress doubles it's weight every ten years from dust and gunk. I don't know if that's true but it's gross.