Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Can that counter over there move slower? Though I swear it speeds up sometimes too. I don't have anything to truly write about but I'm doing this somewhat for my sanity so bear with me.

The last couple of days have been pretty slow for the most part, we've been working on the darned training. Part of the training is to read Adopting after Infertility. It's an informative book if were 10 years newer. It has it's good points however as training for prospective adoptive parents it's outdated and focuses alot on actually making the decision to adopt. By the time most people have hit the required training courses they've pretty much made up their mind. Maybe I'll change my mind on it, I'm halfway through it now. I'd finish it tonight however I've got my service club meeting tonight to attend.

This morning I ran errands in the snow. I hate snow, I used to like it, light up like a kid when the weatherman said "snow coming" but this year it's just been a pain. I'm seriously thinking about the Arkansas winters I had as kid - I honestly had never shoveled snow until I was 30 years old, now I'm an old hand at it however hubby gets frustrated because I don't push the snow banks back far enough. I'd really like to wear shoes that are attractive, not warm and waterproof.

Part of the errands this morning was going to the drug store to pick up all our Rx for the trip. I was prepared to pass out at the price however our insurance covered most of it and there were generics available for all but a couple of the drugs. I'm really not taking much, just a couple of different antibiotics and some serious stuff to get through a migraine without having to resort to a Ukrainian emergency room. I don't hit the ER often with them but I'm sure a humdinger awaits in Kiev for me with the stress, jet lag, and odd food to adjust to. I just hope I'm not fighting one at the SDA appointment as I'd really like to be clear headed for that, the rest of time I imagine hubby and the translator can manage to drag me around like a doll if needed.

Well I'm off to cook supper ( tacos, I just had a craving) get my stuff together for the meeting. I hope the snow quits as I really don't like driving in it at night.

winnie

No comments: