Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let it stop snowing!!

Ugh, SNOW and lots of it, the heavy wet kind where every shovel full feels like a load of bricks. I took sonny boy to the sledding hill behind house and thought I'd drag the shovel along and do my community good deed of the day and shovel the steps up the hill. I did the shoveling but Sonny Boy decided really quickly he wasn't going to follow "sledding ettiquette" and was getting in everyone's way, finally he decided he'd had enough after about four trips down the hill and bouncing out of his sled ( he wouldn't hold on). So anyway the sledding hill in town now has nicely shoveled steps for the other kids!

This afternoon I plan on dragging out my volunteer projects and get them together for the people taking over my stuff while I'm gone. I've really been dreading doing this because it's so time consuming and messy. However after our monthly meeting Tues. I will be officially on leave, can you take time off from a volunteer group?

I can't believe it's still a month until we go. It has draagggeedd by since we got our appointment date. I almost wish it was like the "good old days" of Ukrainian adoption where you'd only have a week, maybe two to get there, less time to stress. I can't really do anything to prep for the child because I don't know age, sex, etc etc so I feel as if I'm just waiting around for a really big vacation to start.

1 comment:

junglemama said...

It will be here before you know it!