Thursday, February 14, 2008

Public Humiliation or Really Funny?


The picture has nothing to do with the following story or does it?

Yesterday as I picked up Sonny Boy from preschool I decided to take him to the McDonald's with the playplace for lunch. I had one of those darn training books to read and he had lots of energy so I thought it would be a good trade off. We drive over to McD's order our food, eat, and Sonny Boy promptly runs off and climbs to the top of the playground. I get out my book and look up every page or two and locate him, watch him for a few seconds and go back to reading. After a while a woman comes up to me and ask me if my son had on black jeans, well no he didn't he's right there and then she giggled and said a little boy just went climbing up the thing with his underwear in his hand. I laughed, said it sounded like mine but there he is. A few minutes later I decided we had loitered enough and called him down from the structure. This is when he informed me he didn't have on any underwear. I said "What?!" and looked down his pants and sure enough he was commando, of course the next question is "where is your underwear?" "Up in the play equipment" This was witnessed by quite a few moms and grandmas in there who were getting a great giggle. I promptly sent Sonny Boy back up the equipment to retrieve his underwear and when he gives them back to me they are wringing wet. What had happened you ask? Well it appears that Sonny Boy had to go pottie but waited too long and when he finally ran to the restroom ( it's right beside the play structure, that's why I didn't see him go in) he had left tread marks on his drawers. When he finished his business he rinsed them out, washed his hands and then carried his dirty underwear back up into the structure! At this point I'm mortified and just toss the wet underwear in the nearest trash, wipe his hands down with a wet wipe announce to all the witnesses in the play area I don't know weather I want to cry or laugh and then get the heck out of there. I don't know if we are banned from the Mc D's playground for a while or if I'm just gonna hang low for a while and hope my face is forgotten. In retrospect it's pretty funny, and the other people there were getting a good laugh, however in the heat of the moment I just wanted to sit down and cry. Honestly this will be a story that haunts him for years and years to come though. You decide: does it rank at Humiliation or Funny?


And you wonder why your kid gets sick three days after going somewhere like that?


On other fronts we ordered travel evac insurance for the trip, actually the whole year because it works out cheaper that way. We got it from http://www.medjetassist.com/. They may not have the very cheapest rates but they will send an intensive care equipped jet for you and take you wherever you want to go, not to just the nearest decent hospital like most of the evac insurance I found. This works anywhere as long as your 150 miles from home. It's a thing I hope I don't have to use but gives good piece of mind when traveling to country not known for their healthcare system.


Happy Valentines day. We are not doing anything special, I'm ordering a pizza and hubby is picking it up. I am not cooking.
Winnie


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wholly crap! Pun intended! LOL For me I would have been mortified too but the great thing about kids is they keep us honest and true. They are so innocent and he really thought he did the right thing...he cleaned up after himself. What a big boy!

I think we are going with Med Jed Assist too. I like the idea of us being really taken care of in an emergency.

Rachel said...

NICE! Yes, that is a moment to remember.