Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wow, I didn't know I could be so busy!

Things have really started going crappy here the last week. Last Thursday our sewer line backed up into our basement ( no real damage but gross). The plumber wanted $130 bucks just to show up and work for an hour, so with the mantra " We don't pay anybody to do something we can do ourselves" - Honestly they will put that on dh tombstone - we rented a roto-rooter machine and did it ourselves. What a job, three hours of slogging through sewer water later we pull out massive tree roots and unclog the drain. I still haven't gotten back down to the basement to finish the clean up, though it all got scrubbed with an old broom. All this had to happen the night Lost premiered and I missed it all and haven't had time to watch it on line since.

Saturday we got a letter from our homestudy agency that our state approval letter was about to expire, we thought we'd sneak in without all the training that has been recently implemented here but no such luck. Now we are jamming through several on line courses and have ordered a few books off Amazon that we have do book reports on. All this along with getting new letters from our MD who is getting tired of all this after three homestudy physicals and two Ukrainian physcial forms. I think I'm going to bake some cookies and write a nice card to them if I can find that elusive element of time.

Also weighing on my mind and schedule is a trip to visit my mother in Arkansas in two weeks. I also have loads of work to do for the volunteer group I'm involved with to keep everybody abreast and projects running. Combine this with general worry about the trip, a very active kiddo, a dog recovering from spaying, a foot of snow expected tonight, and the fact I feel like I could just sleep until the middle of next week I'm about ready to throw in the towel, cash in the airline miles I've been acumulating and go somewhere that they don't even know what snow is.

I know this is whiney and I apologize, once things start getting checked off of the to-do list I'll start feeling better.

Winnie

3 comments:

Nataliya said...

Winnie, I'm so glad you started your blog! It's great, I can't wait to follow your journey to Ukraine!

P.S. You don't sound whiney at all - you sound as a PAP (prospective adoptive parent) waiting for the SDA appointment date :)

Admin said...

Hi Winnie, I am excited that I found your blog too! It will be all worth it once we get to Ukraine, so don't be too hard on yourself. :) Good luck with all of your plans!

adoptedthree said...

Welcome to blogland
Found you on FRUA!