Sunday, February 24, 2008

The tension builds...

Not a lot new to post. The last week has been spent in Arkansas at my mother's house with Sonny Boy, Hubby had to tend to work related stuff in Little Rock so it was a good opportunity to have his job pay for the gas for us to drive down. I don't imagine we will travel much for a while once #2 gets home so it was likely our last visit for a while.

Sonny Boy had a good time at the Children's Museum of Memphis. They have the cockpit of a Boeing 727 with all the stuff still in it and he could go and "fly" the plane as much he wanted, perfect for the wanna be pilot in him. I normally don't recomend places in Memphis because I believe they tend to be over hyped, however they have a very good children's museum.

We arrived back home yesterday and though the foot of snow on the ground and 20 degree temps ( compared to the 50's at mom's) wasn't ideal, it was good to be home and in my own bed. I have a feeling I'm going to be terribly homesick while in Ukraine. I'm usually great anywhere for the first 3 or 4 days after that I want my own bed. I think I have a love affair with my bed, it's nothing great, just a mattress and box spring, no headboard and no fancy linens just the fact it's MINE!

I'm sure the next couple of weeks are going to be spent in a whirlwind, packing, freaking out, unpacking and trips to the store. I think I'm going to call my favorite massage therapist ever - Jill- and make an appointment or three. What's a few bucks if it keeps your shoulders from crawling up to your ears?

I think most of the big things are taken care of and if the little stuff falls through the cracks we'll make due. However since the Ukrainian process is so totally out of my control I feel like by making sure I'm controlling all the bizarre things like if we have wrinkle releaser packed or not it gives me a small measure.

Well I have supper on the table getting cold, Sonny Boy went next door to drag his dad home from the neighbor's garage, it looks like I'm going to have to go too or maybe I'll just eat a meal alone without saying " don't do that xyz"

Winnie

No comments: