Saturday, March 1, 2008

The creeping crud

Well the creeping cruds have hit the household. The end of last week Sonny Boy came down with it and I succumbed on Thursday. I gave in about 1:30 pm and called Hubby at work from the bathroom floor and told him he had to get home after I discovered Sonny Boy sitting in a cardboard box on top of his desk with his radio. I was too sick for it to rattle me much, I just told him to get down before he broke his neck and crawled back in bed. Thankfully Hubby's job is very flexible and understanding. Yesterday I wasn't good for too much but today have been able to run an errand or two and do a couple of projects.

I have met the queen of scrapbooking and I kneel at her feet. In my new position this year in my community service group I inherited a bunch of stuff, some of that stuff being recruiting material and display boards. While we are in Ukraine there is a big recruitment drive and I had all the material - the problem all the material is rather dated as in most of the people in picture are no longer in the group. Well I thought I just trade out a few pictures etc, then I discovered how much work the previous office holder had put into this. I'm not cut out for the serious scrapbook crowd, in fact most of my pictures do good to make it into a photo album with dates and labels. I did what I could - took up a large amount of room on the display board with a t-shirt and I hope it doesn't look too hokey. All hail to KF, Queen of Scrapbook. Hopefully she'll re-work some of the stuff, or at least let me play with her fancy scissors, punches and circle makers when I get back.

I'm close enough now that our departure date is starting to hit the extended forcast. So far so good. Milwaukee has now hit this as one of the top ten snowfall winters of all time. Needless to say I've become too closely attuned to my snowshovel, I honestly think it may need to be replaced next season as the little metal strip at the end of the shovel is wearing away. Salt is also becoming a hot commodity in the area as well. Today I had to buy water softner salt for the driveway because nothing else was available.

A few months ago when when we started this venture and it looked as if we might actually travel I bought the Rosetta Stone program to learn Russian. I worked at it pretty hard and have gotten through the first few units of it but now I can't seem to find the enthusiasm to put it in the machine and try. After the first few utterances it turns to an alien language that surely no one on earth speaks, my head explodes and I turn it off. I can tell you that the "Young women pointing left hand blue blouse" though, I hope Russian is sorta "me Jane, You Tarzan" sounding because I don't think I'm learning any modifiers etc. Now that I should be jamming it down the only thing that sounds good is a Valium. Anybody know the word for that in Russian - it hasn't come up on the little thing on the sidebar yet has it?

Well anyway it's late, I'm going let the dog out, brush my teeth and watch SNL, I don't think it's a rerun tonight.

Later Gator
Winnie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hope you all feel better quick!