Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yes we are still alive!!!

It has been an adventure to say the least. We arrived in Kiev with little problem and our SDA appt went very well. We were show about 10 - 15 files of mostly very sick children in our age range. After turning those down the phycologist left and brought back two more and one of those was the child we chose to go visit.

I is 2 years old and is delayed both physical and speech, however we feel that these are normal orphanage delays coupled with premature and low birth weight. Today he played and followed instructions and was a different child than the scared child we visited this morning. We are very hopeful that this will be our child.

Tomorrow we are going to take him to Donetesk - we are in Artemosk now- for some blood work and an exam, to rule out anything major.

Sorry for the long silence - I Know how it is when you keep checking blogs for info. I will try to post more now that we have settled down some.

Winnie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad you have such a wonderful and young (oh my!) referral. I was afraid when you didn't post.....

I will be eagerly checking back to see if you decide this is your son!! Thanks for thinking of us!

Kris said...

So glad you have met this little guy! Can't wait to hear more!
Best wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your SDA appt. went well. That's incredible to get such a young referral. Hope your adoption journey continues to go well. We are thinking about and praying for you guys.

Enjoy the wonderful Ukrainian food while you're there. We loved it and still miss it.

junglemama said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I hope things work out.

Anonymous said...

Donetsk is a wonderful region! I think you will be pleased with the care of your child. Some delays are to be expected. When he is home for a few months, he will flourish!

Nataliya said...

Great news!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted!! We know you are very busy but the little updates helps us readers know things are going ok.

Best of luck to you!!

FRUA Friend -newmom2

Miche and Scott said...

Congrats on a successful appointment! I hope everything continues to go smoothly, and will continue to follow your journey.

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for you both! I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be moving in the right direction. Can't wait to hear more!

Missy and Kevin said...

Congratulations on your referral. We were there in December and adopted our five year old daughter. It is amazing how fast they learn when they get home. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God bless!!!