Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rambling thoughts in a Muddled Mind

Please forgive this if it rambles, has horribly bad grammar or punctuation (I probably already give English majors shudders anyway) or odd misspelling or two makes it past spell check. My head is pounding, but if I go to bed I'll just lie there anyway and replay what I'm writing so hey might as well ramble on the blog.

Today started REALLY early as we went to another wrestling tournament for Sonny Boy. This one was thankfully much closer so it didn't require rising before cock crow. Sonny Boy's first opponent was a fierce little guy who scored lots of points. We believe a few calls in Sonny Boy's favor were missed, but it really didn't matter as the kid beat him but not by a pin. The next two opponents Sonny Boy dominated, however he didn't get the easy pins as he had in last week's tournament. Sonny Boy placed second in his age/weight division so it was a good day. This week has been wrestling intense in the household. In combination with Sonny Boy's twice a week practice with the club, Hubby has been reinforcing the coaches directions and correcting some moves. Last night I volunteered to be the wrestling dummy. The size difference between Hubby and Sonny Boy makes it difficult for him to get a feel of what the moves should be like and honestly there isn't much size difference between Sonny Boy and I anymore. I was quite surprised as Sonny Boy knocked me on my kiester quickly. He also managed to anger a muscle in my lower back near my hip that has made just about any position uncomfortable. I will not be his wrestling dummy anymore. I also happened upon a documentary on Netflix called Takedowns & Falls that follows the season of a PA wrestling team. I watched if first and decided that even though parts might be a little dicey for a kid (some swearing, and general teenage boy monkey business) it was Ok for him to see after a big conversation about how some of the kids didn't make the best decisions for themselves or the team. If your into wrestling at all you'll probably like it. I know it sounds like we are suddenly eating and breathing wrestling, but the sessions with Hubby honestly last like 30 minutes.

I also managed to make it the grocery. Big woop, but I needed a major haul. Get this Salmon was CHEAPER than catfish. Never in my life....

Tonight I watched another move on Netflix that probably has a wider range of appeal. Mao's Last Dancer. It's one of those movies you've never heard of that is really good. I'm not gonna tell you much about it, but if you like even the tiniest bit of ballet you'll like it and if you don't like ballet the dance parts are really not long drawn out parts of the story.

I got a new toy! I finally broke down and purchased a Cricut cake mini. I've been eyeballing one of these machines for ages and the price and the fact they now make it in a smaller version made it somewhat affordable. I've played with it some and so far it seems cool. I haven't done any big projects yet, just putzed around with it to see what all the buttons do. Just in time as I'm going to do a BIG four tier cake for the cub scout Blue & Gold banquet. I might be kicking myself when I'm up to my elbows in buttercream the day before, we'll see.

Tomorrow Hubby plans on taking the boys ice fishing. He wants me to come along so he he can put up more tip-ups, your only allowed so many per licensed fisher. I really don't want to go shiver on the ice. Even though I have boots rated to -30 my feet are never warm when out on the ice. Beside having the house to myself to play with my new cake toy sounds fantastic.

Igor is trucking along. He's having a spell on jealousy that is driving us all bats. We can barely have a conversation with Sonny Boy without him interjecting himself into the conversation or being a general nuisance. Honestly I think he's a little bored. Like Sonny Boy it would have been ideal if we could have started him in Kindergarten at Christmas.

Well I'm rambling down. I'll have to save the tale of four hours of medical/dental phone calls for another day this week, you won't believe it and you won't believe I didn't curse at some hapless soul on the other end of the line either.

She bowls overhand (that's why her last score was 51)
The most interesting woman in the world
Winnie

No comments: