Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Boredom and Laundry

No new dramas here. I suppose that's good, drama in real life is usually never a good thing, though it's fun to watch on TV.

Mom has a job interview tomorrow in one the closer Milwaukee burbs. I'm hopeful, but not getting my hopes too high. It's the first job interview she's had since she quit her job in the fall. An employment agency is also excited to give her file to a client, so maybe something will pan out. Igor sure has his nose out of joint with her here and is very jealous of any attention she gets from me. He is doing some pretty extreme (for him) acting out which has floored Mom. Me, I'm not so flustered by it as it's still tame compared to the craziness Sonny Boy dished out at even a younger age.

I sent in a form and a payment for a CSA share. It seems crazy to hand over all that money at once for produce but I'm hopeful that the fact it is already paid for and here will force us to eat better. I don't think we eat horribly, I'm always trying to squeeze a vegetable in there, but we could do better. I would simply grow a small garden but it's pretty prohibitive in our yard. Living on a corner lot, on a hill, with many shade trees in the yard limits the only good space to grow to the only area of lawn the boys have to play on. Oh well the CSA share should keep us well supplied and it will be a lot less work.

Hubby was speaking to a higher up in his company the other day that was soon scheduled to attend one of the four week training schools (hubby has been to too many now for me to keep track of) and the guy was begging his bosses to let him split it up into two week segments and was told "NO" because he needed to know what it was like for the peons who are sent to these sessions often. Good for the corporate guy who made that decision. Maybe this mid level guy will get a good dose of four weeks away from home and change something so the training comes in more manageable blocks. I doubt it, but I hold out hope. Hubby's job is good, pays decent, easier on him and has the grand perk of a flexible schedule and working from home these training sessions suck. Hubby keeps telling me that these long stretches will soon be over and the travel will drop dramatically, however over a year and half into the job it feels like I've been single parenting without all the fun of having a job for quite a while now.

Well, I suppose I should cut this short. I'm not feeling well and a hot bathtub is calling my name.

No comments: