Monday, February 6, 2012

Product Review - Ellis Faas Make up



A few weeks ago I happened to win a drawing over at In The Powder Room. I was excited, heck I never win any drawings on blogs or what have you and to win what I consider fairly expensive make-up made my little heart go pitter patter.


After exploring their website very briefly it seems Ellis Faas make up all comes in these nifty little pens with a brush/applicator attached. I'm not a big make-up kind of girl, usually some carmex and a squirt of hairspray will do me, but of course I had to try out this new stuff.


The gift package came bundled with three pens, a flesh colored eyeshadow called creamy eyes - which I realize is the consistency, not the color. A black pen called Milky eyes - again consistency, not color, and a lipstick called Milky as well.


The eye shadow I like, it takes a little practice getting used to as it goes on quite liquid and dries quickly. It doesn't seem to settle in the lid creases which is a good thing. The black tube of stuff is really supposed to be an eyeshadow, but I can't imagine using that much black around my eye, after all I don't want to appear that I've been in a hockey fight. I have been using this as more of an eyeliner and it seems to do well and lasts most of the day. The lipstick is OK. I wouldn't write home about it. It's not particularly long lasting or moist. The color that was sent isn't really attractive on me, so I might have a better opinion of it if I wore it more than just a couple of times to try it out.


I would recommend this make-up if you travel a great deal. The pen system seems like it would travel well without the nightmare of broken up pressed powder, or broken bottles of liquid make-up. It is a budget buster though. One of the tubes runs around the $40 mark which in my drugstore make-up budget is massive. I likely wouldn't buy the product simply because of the price point. If money was not an object (and face it there are women out there to whom it is not - though I doubt they read my blog) I would likely buy the eyeshadow.


I was not given any compensation for this review. The product mentioned was a give away with no strings attached and I am writing this review of my own accord.






No comments: