Saturday, February 11, 2012

SCORE!!!!

Say that title like your Latin American soccer announcer (but don't do it if your at work or anywhere else somebody might hear you) Check out the TOTAL on the following receipt.



Yes, that's correct $10.36



For this sporty new wool jacket. Rarely do I make such shopping steals but this one I'm proud of.


I saw a similar jacket at Kohl's early in the year, the best it was ever on "sale" was $80, not bad but more than I wanted to pay. I thought well I'll watch it and when they start clearance them out I'll snag it. I've been watching at Kohl's about once a week for a month or so now and today the coats were on clearance. Unfortunately the coat I'd been watching was only available in a size Large. I tried it on of course but it simply swallowed me whole. This one is similar is shape and is the same color, the other was a tad longer and had a tie belt with it. Just excited about the cool deal I got.


I also have a new addiction in Pinterest. It's like looking at lots of magazines without ever actually have to buy them or hang out in the library. If there is something you like you "pin" it and it will save to your board with links back to where the original picture came from. Cool for craft stuff and the like. Sucks way too much time though.


Mom will likely be coming up on Tuesday. She was planning Monday but it appears we are due for a little snow and she doesn't know how to drive in that mess yet. I've been sorting stuff here and there so we can keep out of each other's hair to some extent. I'm not sure how we are gonna handle the computer situation as she plans to use my computer for job hunting. I'm not sure about that as it's a cranky old laptop and doesn't cooperate well with most folks. Not to mention using somebody else's computer consistently is kind of invasive. You may not mind Uncle Bill checking his e-mail once or twice when he comes and visits, but browsing around looking at Pinterest isn't really cool. Damn, forgot to buy a data stick thing at Wally-World today. I want to make sure all the important stuff is backed-up before Mom starts canoodling around and downloads some virus of death to my hard drive.


I'm also fighting a case of laryngitis. A cold has been sneaking up on me the last couple of days, yesterday I couldn't even squeak out a sentence. BAD, could say about two words and then my voice was gone. Today, I'm better, but I still sound like I smoke three packs a day, at least people can hear me and I'm not using some crazy sign language.


Either way I gotta try to clean up this office room. Hubby has declared he will use it since Mom is going be hear (I may hide in hear too) Now it looks like some berserk paper flinging, clothes iron wielding dynamo has been loose.






No comments: