Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday

Hey, I don't have a better title to this post, sometimes inspiration strikes and sometimes it doesn't. What can I say?

It's been quite here in Kornfield for the most part. The weather has been miserably hot. Can't believe I spent most of my life suffering through sweltering summers in the South and I don't even really think this area qualifies as "the South" in fact I had a waitress in WI tell me I wasn't really southern because I didn't hail from Mississippi or Alabama! Humph, I can drawl with the best, much to chagrin of Hubby. I will say that five years in Wisconsin has thinned it out some, Hubby lost most of what he picked up while living in Arkansas. I'll never sound totally midwestern I'm sure but I will say that in this area I don't seem to be linguistic sore thumb that I am in Wisconsin.

Big things are just around the corner for the Litter. Keep your fingers crossed, I'm dieing to make an announcement but Hubby will not let me for another week or two. In the meantime we are just wishing all the particulars would hurry up.

The holiday was nice. FIL, Hubby, and Sonny Boy all went to the Cardinals game and watched the fireworks through the arch. They roasted in the cheap seats like three peanuts but had a good time. Igor and I stayed home as trying to keep Igor corralled for nine innings sounded about as much fun as sticking my finger in an electric pencil sharpener. Much better that the big boys go. I do wish I could have seen the fireworks through the arch though as that would have been quite memorable.

Overall we are just bored and tired here. Hubby is still working tons, it's too hot to do anything outside. I'd forgotten how boring a hot summer day is. Wisconsin gets hot weather but at least it goes away in a day or two. The kids are watching too much TV, playing too much Wii and fighting a lot. Quite frankly I'm just too tired to care. Not the best parenting strategy I know but sometimes you just gotta have a sanity break. If the weather cools maybe we'll brave a day at the zoo or something soon but I'm not going dragging around in 95 degrees, 80% humidity and a whole bunch of tourist.

We did go see Toy Story 3 in 3D last week. It was cute and had it's moments but it wasn't near as good as the first, I guess you sorta knew what to expect. I don't think they made the best use of the 3d, particularly since we paid a good bit extra to see it in 3d. I do want to see Despicable Me and Sonny Boy wants to go see the space movie playing at the IMAX. I have a feeling the IMAX movie is going to be way above his head but since he is astronaut crazy I may take him or try to talk Hubby into that adventure. The Imax movie gives me a head ache, any movie I actually have to turn my head like that is too much going on in the periphery of my field of vision.

Well I guess I really have nothing to say, just babbling.

No comments: