Friday, July 30, 2010

LUCY! We're HOME!

Well the truck pulled up at 8:00 am on Thursday morning and pulled away at 12:30 pm having spewed forth it's contents into every room, basement, garage and nook and corner of our house. The last day and a half has seen Hubby and I emptying boxes and putting things away. It's certainly an easier task when everything already has a home and just needs to land there as opposed to finding a place like with a new house. It was wonderful pulling in the driveway Wed night as the first three people we see were people we know well - two neighbors and another person who lives in the neighborhood who was walking home from work. I wouldn't say we are totally unpacked yet, not even close but we have a good dent in the work now. Right now Hubby is putting up a shelf in the linen closet which makes it into his own personal walk-in closet. Lucky him, though I will say he's been battling lack of closet space for years, though it hasn't been much of an issue because his work wardrobe was jeans and polo shirts. The new job will require a little more proffesional attire, and trying to jam dress shirts into his tiny little closet wouldn't have worked.

The kids are adapting well. Igor had a couple of nightmares last night which we expected, new room, no brother etc. We hit the floor running at his calls though and he settled back to bed easily enough, some of it was likely overtired as well since we've been on a hectic schedule with the move. Sonny Boy hasn't flinched and has been a video bum because we've let him. MUCH easier to get things done if he's occupied and only one child (Igor) is following you around asking questions at 100 mph.

Probably the worst problem we have encountered is a smelly dryer. Our dryer was simply in storage in the moldy basement and we moved it back and it stinks up the laundry room. I soaked some towels in some strong bleach water and threw them in pretty wet to tumble. I don't know if worked or just burned the bleach smell into my nose. I hope it's not a permanent condition.

Well I must really get back to work before Hubby rebels, honestly I just want to take my shoes off and land on the couch and veg in front of the T.V. but I've got to keep the momentum going or I'll stop completly.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Mom to Mine said...

Glad you are home :) My hubby and his brother threw (literally) all of our stuff into a moving truck and hauled it to our new house in ONE day as well. I hated having it all sitting around instead of having time to bring a little at a time and put it in its proper place.