Saturday, July 17, 2010

Agravation

To say I'm aggravated is understating it a bit. Early last week Hubby asked HR at his new job to see if there was anything we needed to get in motion for the move, estimates, forms - whatever. He still didn't have an official start date but we knew it was coming soon and wanted to be pro-active with the move. The HR guy said don't worry, we should be able to get you moved in a week, but I'll call S and have her give you a call etc etc. Well S called Hubby several times last week but never left a message. Hubby not know who the call was from didn't call it back. Well finally on Friday he was available to answer the phone and S says it will be difficult to get us moved by the end of the month! AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG In fact they are booking things a month out. double AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGG. We have given notice to our landlord and she has people moving in this dump the 15th of Aug. I don't know, I'm hoping that husband's new company will do some rear chewing on Monday and get things in gear. I guess we'll see. What makes things more difficult is that Hubby's first week is an orientation in New Jersey! I really don't want to do all the moving alone, even though I'll have muscle with the movers I would like to have Hubby's help with the unpacking phase and I half expect to find minor issues with the house when we get there due to the fact it's sat empty for a year.

So this weekend Hubby has promised to help me empty the basement and go through the boxes down there. Why? Because we had a framed poster that the boys had broken the glass on sitting on the basement floor, Hubby went to un-frame it and throw the old frame and discovered that it had wicked up moisture and grown mold all over it. Now I'm worried that stuff that's in there has done the same. We have most things up on pallets down there and that should protect them but I don't want the movers picking up a box, the bottom falling out, and finding a box full of linens wet and moldy and having to make decisions to toss, try to clean ,on the fly and having a huge pile of "to clean" when we are still looking for our forks.

Today though Hubby is taking Sonny Boy out for his birthday. On the agenda is the Hubble Movie at the I-Max (Sonny boy still wants to be an astronaut) and the Magic House. I don't expect them back till late afternoon at the earliest. Igor and I are going to hang out, go pick a few groceries and maybe do some chores. I hope Igor is helpful with the chores but highly doubt it. He's at the age where he wants to help but really just gets in the way most of the time. I wish he'd take a nice long nap but of course that's really dreaming.

Well better do some chores

No comments: