Monday, July 26, 2010

A post of pure boredom

Well the movers came today and boxed EVERYTHING except the TV and computer that would fit in a box. I think they would have put the kids in a box if they'd gotten in the way. Happily the boys were very well behaved while they worked. I did let them have unlimited access to TV and the DS so they were entertained with brain candy. However it's now 6:00 pm and that's pretty much all any of us have done today and we are bored. Tomorrow the movers will load everything on the truck and pull out, I imagine I'll have the afternoon to clean and make sure we don't leave the rent house in a huge mess. I am not going to kill myself over it though, it was quite dirty when we moved in and pretty much if I leave it as is it will be cleaner.

Right now we are waiting on hubby to get home and unload his giant toolbox that he normally keeps at work so the movers can take it with our stuff tomorrow. Once Hubby gets home we will go out and get some supper. We are in for a few days of eating out or scratching up food that does not require heating up. Fun. Tomorrow night we will stay at a hotel and drive north on Wed.

So far so good with the move. I tell ya if ya gotta move and there is anyway to afford movers to pack and haul for you do it. I don't care if you gotta sell a child or something, it's worth it. Three guys got here at 9:30 and packed the entire house and garage by 2:30. Granted we don't have a hutch full of china and lots of little nick-nacks but they did in one day what it would have taken me at least a week to do. Unreal. Now we'll see how well everything makes it there and I suspect things aren't packed together like I would have done it, but hey I really don't care right now.

Well that's the update. Exciting huh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we had movers years ago, I agree they make it so easy.

Are you moving back to Chocolate town?

lsattler@catlover.com