Friday, July 3, 2009

Litter Happenings

Just thought I'd update on the kids. It's been a little while.

Igor is just a bundle of energy lately. I expect him to break into James Brown's "I Feel Good" any minute now. I measured him today and dragged out my old notes and realized he has now grown 5 and 3/4 inches since he's been home and gained about 10 and 1/2 pounds. I can really tell he's been growing as all of a sudden he feels like he's all arms and legs when we cuddle in the rocking chair at night. While I still wouldn't call the kid chunky he no longer looks quite so skinny probably due to the fact that the eating issues are getting better. Igor now will mostly eat a reasonable amount of food at a meal without it being a huge production. Don't get me wrong, he's still REALLY slow but I'm seeing progress. His favorite food that's not junk is oatmeal so it's dosed up liberally with butter, brown sugar and half and half, probably why he likes it so much. We are also slowly walking into the pottie training thing slowly. We should really be more consistent but he has the idea down. I think it would be a simple thing to get him into big boy underwear full time, however I just don't have the energy with my stress levels right now so he's trading off between diapers and pull ups and when I'm really energetic underwear. Igor's speech is really making progress as well, we are starting to get two word combos quite frequently and will copy you pretty clearly when you make him say a sentence to get something. All other aspects are good. We get a typical temper tantrum from time to time and he certainly test his boundries but for the most part he is really easy but energetic. Right now he prefers me to Hubby. Last week when Hubby went in to wake him from his nap he was very confused and upset that it wasn't me. Easy to see since Hubby is gone now so much and he's used to Mom being the one that does everything.

Sonny Boy is his typical self. Right now he's doing swim lessons daily at the pool right behind our house. He is making good progress but the kid sinks like a stone - takes after his dad who cannot float either. Sonny Boy's crawl is looking almost like a swimmer's and he can actually move when he does it, he's not far from saying he can swim. Of course Sonny Boy is still growing just not at the astonishing rate that Igor is. It is hard to believe he will be six in a couple of weeks.

I guess that's the update folks.

1 comment:

The Flying Eagle said...

Happy 4th!!!! Can not wait to officially meet you next week! And thanks for keeping the 4 legged monsters for us :-)