Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye Wisconsin!

This is a real dairy farm not too farm from our house. I think it might be the model for the one on our license plate.

When we moved to Wisconsin almost exactly five years ago we didn't know much about the area, I had only driven through the state once, Hubby had only visited one or two towns briefly in the northern part of the state (northern WI and southern WI have a totally different personality) but we were excited. A new job that was allowing me to stay home with the baby -that baby just turned six - and all the potential of a new life waiting for us. Now we must say goodbye, no more farm fields dotted with red barns, no more wonderfully cool summers ( I've only turned my air on for three days this summer) and no more snow shoveling, though I'm not really sad about that.

Needless to say I won't be blogging for a few days and there is a good chance I won't have internet for a little while once we get to IL. Just know I'm packing boxes, wrangling kids and wishing I wasn't doing it at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that all goes well with your move, and that you will enjoy your new home and community!


Lori

Unknown said...

Are you leaving finally? Sold the house?

I always had in the back of my mind to see you in chocolate city, live only 45 mins away.

Good luck
Lisa