Friday, July 24, 2009

Post #100

if your counting.

We've been busy the last couple of weeks. I'm now starting to pack and get 4 or 5 boxes loaded a day now and have managed to paint Igor's room from the bright green it previously was to a neutral beige color and patch a lot of nail holes in the walls left from the previous owners. His was the only room that hadn't been painted and spruced up since we moved in. The room now looks very dull as everything is off the walls, the rug is removed and the curtain is down. Blah, I dread the rest of the house taking on that appearance so I'm putting it off so 1. I don't have to look at it, 2. If we have any showings it won't look so bare and stark. There may be some devlopments on the selling front soon, we'll see as the situation is complicated.

Hubby discovered on a new tour of the house we rented that only one of the rooms has closets. Fun, it also does not have a dishwasher, extra fun. However it's cheap rent and it will do for now. Hubby has promised to rig up some sort of closet and we will talk with the landlords and see if they'll pay materials for him to build a closet or two in the house. I'm figuring they might as they bought the house thinking they would flip it and got caught in the economy. They will have a hard time selling a house with no closets. I guess we should have looked closer at the house, however the kids were wild, we were tired and it just happened. Oh well.

This weekend proves to be crazy busy with the need to pack basement and garage, locate some boxes, mow the yard because it suddenly started raining again and the list keeps getting bigger, turn this off, turn that on, locate this, call there. All the fun of moving a large house you've been living in for 5 years and did not expect to leave for a long time.

This is the first move I've ever done I've not been at least somewhat excited about. I cannot remember being so depressed about moving ever. Previous moves have always seemed to be going forward to bigger and better, jobs, houses, and life. This one seems to be taking things down several notches.

Sonny Boy's birthday was last week. I'll post some pics soon, however I'm going to crash as I've had a long day.

No comments: