Monday, July 13, 2009

On the Road Again...

seeing things that I may never see again

I was on the road again....







And saw this guy going down the road in the St. Louis area in his vintage Corvette. On his way to a costume party in July? A REALLY big Vikings fan? Looking for someone named Helga? As we originally came up behind him all we could see was the horns sticking up out the T-top, when we passed he was too funny so I dragged out the camera and made Hubby slow down.


In other news of the day Winnie's Litter will soon be relocating to a small town outside of St. Louis on the Illinois side of the river. Seems like a nice little area and Hubby will likely go sign a lease on a little house tomorrow. While the house isn't our dream home it will be a roof for a few months while we settle and decide our next step. We will likely start the move in the next couple of weeks. Sonny Boy is most concerned that we will only have one bathroom in the rental, I'm most worried about some UGLY wall paper border that the landlord said I could change.


The house still hasn't sold and the couple that seemed as if they were going to bite have now stepped back and are going to wait. While they say we are still on the top of their list they are holding off for a couple of months. My real estate agent is pushing them because they are eligible for the 8K first time home buyer credit but to get that you must close by Nov 30, 2009 and if you've bought more than one house sometimes things get drawn out longer than you planned and I imagine there will be a run on things this fall slowing down the process, that's what he's explaining to them. Anyhow even if they don't pull maybe things will pick up as the deadline for the tax credit draws closer and somebody a little more together will make an offer. In the meantime we are going to let the house sit and be a storage for furniture that won't fit in the rental (and keep the place from looking too barren) at least till the end of November and hunt for a renter to supplement the mortgage and hope that the market will improve in a years time and re-list or Hubby's old job will miraculously call him back - I'm not holding my breath on that one.


While in the St. Louis area I took the kids to Grant's Farm. It was a fun day and Sonny Boy enjoyed the animal shows, Igor not so much. Darn blogger won't let me arrange pictures like I want so I'll put them on a separate post.



2 comments:

The Flying Eagle said...

So happy for you that you will all be together under the same roof soon:-) We loved meeting you all! Garrett keeps asking where is his cousin Sonnyboy is (yea he is not really getting the family relationship thing) but he sure did love playing with the boys! Will you be in STL in time for Sonnyboys b-day?

Winnie said...

No, I don't think we'll be moving to around the 1st. Ask Hubby, he knows more details than I do right now. I'm just going to start coordinating the move I suppose.