Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strange kid or what?

This afternoon I got the urge to go shop at Kohl's to see if I could find the boys a cute outfit for Easter (no luck) however I did find a sweater on clearance for Hubby, a fleece on clearance for Sonny Boy and a pair of tennis shoes on sale for Sonny Boy. No big news there. The boys acted wonderfully in Kohl's and I was actually able to look at things a little bit.

The strangeness kicks in we got home. We come home and there is the usual shedding of coats and shoes in the doorway and plopped the sack down in the kitchen and turned on the oven and came to check the e-mail. While I'm pecking away at the computer Igor starts going through new loot and takes each item upstairs, installs Sonny Boy's new shoes and shirt in his room and then puts Hubby's new sweater in the bathroom ( why the bathroom I don't know, Hubby's closet is not in our bedroom so that might confuse him) Nothing could persuade the kid that we didn't have to do this stuff right now. I have adopted a 2 year old neat freak. I bet I drive him nuts! On the plus side to this, is maybe he'll keep the house clean once he's big enough to unload the dishwasher and do laundry!

We have been fighting a nasty little bug in the house the last couple of days. Igor is snotty and coughing and took a VERY long nap today, Sonny Boy has lost is voice and sounds like a 14 year old with it cracking and hoarse and yesterday I felt as if someone shot me with a tranquilizer dart. I'm better today, wonderful Hubby came home from work a little early and I pretty much went to bed at 4:00 pm, Sonny Boy missed school yesterday but today went back because I couldn't take his bouncing off the walls anymore - In all fairness he didn't feel bad just sounded bad.

My mother caught me on a pretty good April fools joke today, when I got home from Igor's therapy there was an e-mail that said she and this guy she dates off and on were going to get married to consolidate their bills! I fired back "ARE YOU SERIOUS" but couldn't wait on a reply so I called her at work and yelled the same thing. She nearly peed her pants laughing and yelling April Fool! Never even occured to me what the date was!

Well hope no one got you too good on the April fools jokes! Maybe spring will get here soon.

No comments: