Saturday, April 11, 2009

Could it be Spring??


I think it might be! My flower bed by the backdoor is about a week away from full bloom, though I admit it's a sheltered spot and blooms earlier than any other flowers. The one pictured is Pushkinia, planted in the fall before we traveled to Ukraine. Saw it in the store and though "Wow that sounds Russian, I'm buying it" well I don't know if the flower is actually native to Russia, but it is named after Pushkin a Russian poet. Pretty little flower but little is the operative word, the whole plant is about 4 inches tall.
Easter is tomorrow and I finally got the boys some outfits put together, really just a couple of multi-colored striped shirts that match but at least they are dressier than average Sunday attire. I hope to get some nice pictures of them made together in them. I actually made an appointment for this am but just couldn't drag myself out of bed to face the three ring circus it would have been getting into town for a 9:00 am appointment.
Eli has been officially in our custody for one year as of Thursday last week. Wed he will be home for one year. Funny he seems like he's always been here. The last year has been much easier than expected. From reading blogs, books and just about any info I could get my hands on before we traveled I expected a full year of hard adjustment but it hasn't been too bad. Don't get me wrong the first couple of months were very hard with a very clingy child who woke up several times a night. Now he's settled into a routine and is a generally easy child with typical two year old behavior that I could live without.
We had two showings on the house this week, we fully expected an offer from one of the lookers as it's his third trip, however he's hesistant due to the basement steps. I admit they are steep and somewhat scary but it's not like you tote laundry down them. Weeks go by that I don't go into the basement at all and it's not a basement that could ever be finished out, more of a cellar actually.
Hope all is well there in blog land. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Congratulations on your first year anniversary!! :-D Looking forward to seeing the new photos.