Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A little update so your not hanging...

On Monday the boys and I traveled down to St. Louis with Hubby while he had his job interview . During the interview I drove around and found a park with a nature center, when I went to the door it was locked but a woman came and let me in. Turned out it was part of the school district in one of the burbs and they bring bus loads of kids to the nature area ( there was a pond and trails and stuff, really nice) as part of their enviromental education program. SOLD was what I was thinking as I talked to her as I've never heard of a program and it looks like my kids will be doomed to being city slickers so they'll need to learn the difference between a goose and a duck. The nature center and the subsequent trail hike (in the rain) with the boys took a couple of hours and when we finally got back to the van I was amazed at how long it had taken and that my phone had not rang. I was just wondering if my signal was good when it did and it was my mother with ants in her pants wanting to know what was happening, of course I had no clue. So I loaded up and started driving back to where Hubby was expecting my phone to ring any minute - who ever heard of a two hour job interview? I get back to the joint and the kids and I sit in the van for another hour before he calls. At one point Sonny Boy was running sprints in the parking lot as I couldn't entertain him anymore. After the 3 1/2 hour interview was up Hubby was offered the job. The money is not wonderful but we will be able to survive. Currently Hubby has not officially accepted the job offer and is going to counter offer for a little bit more money but will most likely take the job regardless.

In the meantime I will stay here with the kids and hope the house sells. Right now it's our biggest hurdle financially and it's a stress. We don't know in what Hubby will live in, we are looking into purchasing a cheap camper, or hopefully he can rent a room from one of his new co-workers. Hubby is going to take a couple of weeks off of work before the new job begins, we will travel to see his family because it will be a another year w/o vacation. Last years vacation was burned going to Ukraine and this years had been postponed due to job worries.

That's the scoop - the line for the computer is forming so I must go. I'll write more when details are ironed out.

4 comments:

The Flying Eagle said...

Congrats on the job offer. We have a guest room and bath in our basement and you are welcome to it. Although you may be commissioned to help with building of our new deck :-) Seriously, from one UK Mom to another, I understand your stress and worry. And we would like to help. STL is a wonderful town. We live down the street from Grants Farm and in between 3 parks. Consider our offer, email me if you want, monica dot massie at wachovia dot com.

Caroline said...

Congratulations! To already be offered a job before the previous one has ended is such a gift. You must be *so* proud of your hubby. :-)

Diana said...

What a blessing to find a job so quickly!

I've learned a few things about selling homes over the years. Email me offline (there's a link to my address on my blog) if you want some ideas.

Jane said...

We live in St Louis & we love it. There is loads here for the kids to do & they will know what a goose looks like!! We have one of the best zoos in the country & it's free!!! We have agreat botanical garden too. We also have the greatest baseball fans!!! We never go to the arch at all.....
Jane