Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Transistions

Needless to say if you've been reading my latest few post I'm not very good with transistions in life. I need to know what's going to happen, when and how for everything. I don't think I'm terribly anal about this, nor am a highly organized person that needs this to function I just like to have things planned a little. I'm not the most spontaneous person.

This glitch in my personality is wrecking havock with the recent changes in our lives. Not knowing if and when the house will sell, how far back it will set us financially, when the kids and I will move to St. Louis, how long we'll be living apart etc etc sets my nerves on serious edge.
After a massive breakdown last night Hubby sat and crunched numbers as to how we will fare financially in different scenarios so we could get a time line of how long we should fish or cut bait. I'm feeling somewhat better because it looks like we can settle on a plan somewhat for just what we are doing concerning the move.

We have decided that it is not really financially viable for me to work full time when we do finally get to where-ever-it-is-we-are-going. It will cost more in daycare than I am likely to bring home. However Hubby will work a more predictable schedule than his former job so working evenings and weekends is a possiblity to help make the difference in salary up. This is a relief as I worry about Igor's adjustment to a full time daycare process and after seeing several young children being left on school buses lately I really don't want him being shuttled from school to daycare center by anyone.

Tomorrow we are loading up and heading north to visit Hubby's family as it will likely be a year before he has any significant vacation time in order to travel. We will be moving several more hours away from his family but quite a big closer to mine, however nobody will be in "dropping by" distance with the exception of Hubby's cousin who is in med school nearby who we would see more of even if we only see her once a year.

Well that's about it for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that everything will go smoothly and work out well for you guys!

Lori

Unknown said...

If you move to St Lous here is a lady who adopted in Ukraine too..

http://mchowat.blogspot.com/

Tell her Lisa Sattler or newmom2 sent you. There is an awesome museum that you might enjoy.