Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Axe that Fell

Well we all knew the axe was hovering over Hubby's head at work the last few months, however it had been hemmed and hawed at so much that it was starting to feel that they were not really going to do it but they did. Tuesday he was given notice till the end of the month. Thankfully he was given a decent severance package which includes insurance for a while so hopefully something will crop up with potential to keep us alive before that runs out.

Hubby has been non-stop working phones and contacts since he was given the news. He's had a couple of good leads so far. One is a given, however the job has not been officially listed through the company's HR so it still does not exist and may not for a few more weeks. He probably has a job in another place as well but we are not too excited about moving to that area.

Our biggest concern is sitting in this house. We still have had no offers after a month on the market, and while we tried to be pro-active with this it didn't work. We are lowering our asking price and hoping to draw someone in. If we could just sell this house we'd be homelss but at least not facing foreclosure in a few months. We may end up loosing money on it just to get out from under the payment.

Of course all of this stress triggered the migraine I had been sporting for a few days to go haywire, yesterday. I took a trip to the walk-in clinic and later in the afternoon I went back and they sent me over to the ER. I'm upright today but no one would call me 100%. Hubby stayed home and worked his contacts and kept the kids from killing themselves while I slept off narcotics upstairs. Thankfully he was able to do that.

I'm so far behind on housework I feel as if I'll never be caught up again. Before yesterday's migraine from hell I had been sick with a bad cold for several days and pretty useless and then the bomb dropped and I wasn't worth shooting yesterday. I don't see myself being caught up for a few days unless someone drops a speed in my soda pop. While I hope the house sells soon I hope no one wants to see it before Sat as I do not have the umpf to get it clean enough to show before then.

Needless to say we are stressed to the max now and really don't know what the future holds in the next few weeks. Keep us in your prayers that the house sells and Hubby finds a job or finds a job nearby so we can just live in this house.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh! :-( I am **so** sorry to hear about the loss of your husband's job. No matter how prepared you were, it is a gut-wrenching blow. I'll definitely be in prayer for you as you seek employment and a buyer for the house! (((Hug)))) :-(

Thanks for letting us know.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. Prayers being said that things will look up for you very soon.

Lori