Saturday, May 21, 2011

Busy Spring and FINALLY some pictures.

I'm not the best at getting pictures up in the blog. I get really aggravated with blogger and my inability to move pictures around and edit things so the pictures make sense with the text, therefore when I have a post with pictures I have to have a rough outline of what I'm writing about in my head, and face it I don't think that far ahead when putting up a blog post.

The last informative post on our lives I mentioned Igor went to a petting farm with his preschool. He LOVED it. The weather left a lot to be desired but he seemed to be able to tamp down his innate fear of animals and petted most everything with a little coaxing.


Here's my little cowboy riding a pony. He thought he was really an equestrian after this. Of course this makes horse crazy momma's heart proud!


Here he is petting a week old calf. They were SOO cute and I couldn't believe how tolerant they were of the kids.


Last weekend mom and I met up at Meramec Farm it was a nice little get away. Hubby stayed home with the kids and I had a few days without shouting "knock it off" even once. Nice.


At the farm was this cat. When I arrived he greeted me and bent over and petted him. Nice enough cat. The cat the proceeded to follow me as I went on a little stroll down the gravel road, kinda odd for a cat. When I got back to the cabin he sat at the screen door and meowed loudly to be let in. No, I wasn't going to do that, then he jumped up into the living room window and peered in at me. I guess I was rather boring because he soon jumped down. A little bit later I looked out in the cabin lawn and he's out there and was bringing me a half dead mouse. Later that night he took up residence on the hood of my car and woke me at day light by jumping to the bedroom window ledge. He hung out on the rail fences around the cabin most of the day and would bat himself into the screen porch often. The cat was a stalker, never met a cat like that before. I later found out his name is Charlie.



A huge sycamore tree graced the lawn of the cabin. This picture doesn't really give an idea of it's scope. It's only half leafed out. If you don't know sycamore leaves are often bigger than dinner plates.


Of course if you go to a horse farm you must ride. Mom and I rode a couple of days. This was on the second day. I'm on the white horse who thought she had to be in the lead on everything so I spent most of the ride slowing her down. Mom's horse just trudged along like it was a wind-up animal.



A lovely view from the cabin. It was so peaceful there. I do wish the weather would have cooperated a little as it was cool and somewhat rainy. I had planned to canoe a little as well but the water was too high and fast for that adventure.


Baseball is in full swing now. Today Sonny Boy got to play catcher for a little bit. Looking at this picture, I don't think he caught the ball.



Of course he batted as well. I can't remember if he hit this or not, but it's a good shot. Sonny Boy did catch a pop fly while playing first base. I wish I'd had the camera out for that as the look on his face was just priceless. I played over-excited momma when he caught that ball, I'm pretty sure everybody knew which kid was mine at that point. Ha


We are also in full construction mode on the house. The roofers began on Monday (they got held up by some rain) Our house looks pretty rough at the current moment, a big dumpster in the yard, the roof two different colors plus a couple of tarps. Several of the siding boards have been pulled off of the side of the house in preparation for blowing insulation into the walls. The new tube skylight has been installed and it's so great we've ordered another in hopes that it gets here before the roofers are done. The thing is amazing. I highly recommend getting one or 10 of these in your house. The areas of new roof look so much better. The house had been shingled in an old fashioned reddish color asphalt shingle which was so ratty, just the color made it look bad. The new shingles make the house look so much more cared for. The old girl is getting her make-up on.


Well it's late, Igor is getting himself ready for bed and I have a reading stack that currently daunts even me (trying to get some of that blogging for books stuff done).






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely happy to find this. Good job!