Thursday, April 8, 2010

That Smell is Me

You see I've been spending massive amounts of time at the barn since the weather started warming up. I'm there 4 days a week barring things like dentist appointments etc. I seem to have a miasma that is a blend of ammonia, manure, hay, and horse. It doesn't really bother me to be honest but the boots I work in REEK and they usually end up in the van as a home or I forget them so when the windows are rolled up and the sun is out - well you get the picture. Don't get me wrong though I LOVE IT.

The lessons are doing well. It seems I rarely ride the same horse more than a few times in a row, but it seems to be doing me well at learning to ride. If your a horse person you know each horse has his own quirks and gaits vary.

On top of all the barn living I've put in a small garden. For all the nastiness of this house it has a perfect sunny spot for a garden. I have early crops planted, turnips, lettuce, radish, peas and carrots. Once I've gotten everything prepped which took forever it's now starting to sprout and according to the seed packs I should have some veggies in about 60 days.

What I'm most excited about is a little vacation Hubby and I have planned. My mother-in-law is going to fly down and stay with the boys while we go stay at a cabin a couple of hours away. The place we are staying looks like it will be very peaceful as it's on a working horse/cattle farm and they only have two guest cabins along with their main house. The place offers long trail rides that I plan on taking advantage of, is on a river that is floatable with a canoe so we may take the canoe, fish and there are several tourist traps nearby. Our real goal is to simply sit on the porch with a glass of wine/beer and watch the animals graze and enjoy quiet which is a rare commodity here.

Sonny Boy had his first baseball practice today, he is playing machine pitch. I'm excited as it seems to be the first sport he's taken and interest in. He did play soccer in the fall but I don't think he was too thrilled with it, however baseball he's actually going out into and practicing. He has had some blips lately, not following rules and testing boundries so he's been grounded so much I think he might actually forget how to play some of his video games.

Igor is starting to really be a pest lately and showing his rear on occasion. Nothing horrible, but it does cause me to grind my teeth on occasion. I think what his habit that makes my blood boil is the constant questions; " Mom why you got that pencil? Mom what you cooking? " two minutes later " Mom what you cooking?", "Mom why you stand up? Mom why you go to baffroom?" AAAAAAA I totally realize this is all normal and good but OH MY it is so wearing to have every breath questioned through the day and I feel I must respond because he really is doing this just to learn.

Well, I must really get to bed, I've been up very late the last few nights doing a whole lot of nothing and it's catching up with me so off to the shower I go to wash away the barn

No comments: