Friday, April 16, 2010

Two years Home.


Can you believe it's been two years already? My how time flies. Igor is doing wonderfully. He of course has some quirks, he, of course acts like a three year old but overall he's perfect. (though at this very instant he's sitting in time-out for fighting with his brother - brother is there as well)
Another blogger suggested we tell the success stories of adoption in light of the recent craziness by that woman. I'm not a writer, or a great story teller, in fact I read over every blog entry editing like a maniac at least 10 times before I post it. I don't have wonderfully syrupy words that portray our adoption of Igor as glorious. The process was horribly stressfull, we came home with a jet-lagged, terrified child and the first few months were quite the adjustment process. We made it though. Igor has adjusted wonderfully, he is mine, I am his. He will also tell you that. Unfortunately he doesn't include Daddy in this, but I think he will in time, when he realizes Dad is king of all things loud and masculine. It works in our family as Sonny Boy has always been Dad's boy from birth, one for each parent.
WE ARE AN ADOPTION SUCCESS STORY. Nothing fancy, just plain us. Igor home for good - no shipping him back like a pair of shoes (like I would anyway)

No comments: