Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Health Care Bill

Since it seem the world is having a tizzy over the health care bill I'm gonna put my two cents in.

I like it. Is it perfect? No, a far cry from it, but it's a start.

I'm not going to argue the pros and cons other than I like that it extends the Adoption Tax Credit for another year which is a Pro.

What really makes me angry is the nastiness spilled out from those who oppose it. It seems people will copy and paste anything they see that they happen to agree with concerning the bill without even stopping to look up the simpliest fact. EDUCATE yourself and make up your own mind. If your going to declare the bill unconstitional give me the Article and section , or the amendment you think it goes against. For your reference the Constitution is in the back of most big dictionaries. I have seen people railing it goes against X amendment so I look up that amendment and I can't for the life of me see where they are getting the arguement and when I ask how it goes against that I get treated like I'm stupid, when I'm simply trying to see things from their point of view and fact is, they can't back up their arguement they are simply spouting something they heard some crazy on talk radio say.

I don't care what your opinion of the bill is but make sure it's YOUR opinion, not your brother's, your co-worker's, your church's or your favorite talk show host.

3 comments:

David Staffeldt said...

Can you name one thing the Government saves money on? I think it's the wrong thing to do. Prove to Americans that the Medicare fraud can be stopped first. Give doctors immediate relief with torte reform. This was the wrong time to pass this legislation. The economy is far from strong and in the end, who pays? Not the insurance companies, not businesses, not the people who won't get off their butts to do something for themselves. It's you and I and all our neighbors who will bear the brunt of this legislation. It's called trickle down economics, working people lose again. Let me know what you think in a couple years, your mind or mine might have changed.

Winnie said...

Thank you David for proving my point. You just spewed forth the nastiness I was talking about.

David Staffeldt said...

OK, You're right and I'm wrong. Thanks for allowing me to share MY opinion.