Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's time for some Grass Roots Action!

Ok I've blogged about this before - at least twice - but I'm gonna do it again. You see I feel this is REALLY important, I feel it is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING you can do for orphans beyond adopting and dozen or three (and face it most of us can't adopt more than two or three)

Stop, click on the following link, and take the 10 -15 minutes to write your two senators and the representative from your district concerning HR213. This bill will extend the Adoption Tax Credit. This link will give you sample form letters, easy links to get in touch with the right reps for your district and information on who is co-sponsoring the bill. Jennifer has done a good job putting all this together don't let it be all for naught.

http://adoptiontaxcredit.blogspot.com/

Please just don't sit around on your hands with this. Let your congress people know you want this bill passed! If you've written in the past, write again!

I'm also challenging you to put a link to this on your facebook page, your blog, and to spam your friends and family. Get the word out!

Honestly I'm not one to get involved in political stuff. I'll voice my opinion about who I want for office with a yard sign, I'll go vote, occasionally hubby and I will argue a political point or two, and I do mean argue - opposites attract ya know. I do not normally go all out writing congresspeople about every issue, I don't harass friends and family to do it either; but I can't let a tax credit fall by the wayside that gives untold families the ability to adopt that normally no have the chance at affording it.

If you have claimed this tax credit, or you will complete an adoption this year and claim it, you owe it to those behind you to take this one simple step to secure their ability to adopt.

Use your power as an American to speak up!

No comments: