Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week Two of Temporary Single Parenting

As expected the leaving of Hubby for his second week away for work was much harder than the first. Sonny Boy had the gist of a week away from dad, mom stressed trying to be everything to everyone, Mom had a grasp of doing everything in the houshold without any help and the stress level that brings. Not good. I was certainly dreading Hubby's leaving, but as he hugged the kids goodbye Sonny Boy broke into tears which is rare for him unless it's in anger, his tears spurred mine, upset Hubby who did the wise thing and just got out the door and left poor little Igor to hug Sonny Boy and I and asking if we were hurt. Soon we settled down and got back to normal after a lot of cuddling and promising Sonny Boy a busy week if I can keep up the pace. However it's now 11:30 pm and I'm up blogging when I really should be in bed.

Next week it's planned for me to pack up all the camping gear and drive south and camp near St. Louis with Hubby. We've been wanting to camp for several weeks now so that will be good and spare him the drive for that weekend anyway. I believe soon we will have to start looking into what we are going to do for long term, NOBODY in the household like the current situation and the market on the house is looking bleak without even any offers since we dropped the price dramatically. I'm thinking we may end up seeing what we can do to rent the place for a year or so and hope the market turns around by then. The gripe of that is I don't think we can get our mortgage payment for rent so we would be bleeding money (and upkeep) on this house while we live in another.

Excitement in the form of a baby rabbit entered our lives last week. As we were leaving the house Thursday for a showing I notice an animal in our driveway, my first thought was an injured squirrell and I wasn't too thrilled, however I got closer and realized it was a baby rabbit. I went to pick it up and it ran a little bit but was easily cornered and captured. Sonny Boy was thrilled and was all for going and getting a cage and starting his own little rabbit hutch, however my experience with baby rabbits is a bit morbid and I didn't think this was the wisest idea. I did go to the local hardware/pet supply/sporting goods, rental equipment/paint store ( it's a small town with original one stop shopping) to see what their reccomendation was and they told me to call a local animal rescue group. I did and and their advice was to look around the house and see I could find the nest. I honestly already knew where the nest was as I had been watching the momma rabbit dig it in my neighbor's yard for a week so we went and installed the baby back in his nest with the hopes that the momma rabbit will be none the wiser for his adventure. Of course the kids were enamoured with the little rabbit and soon after Igor found a small stuffed rabbit in a toy box - about the size of the baby rabbit - and has been sleeping with it ever since. Cute, but I guess he doesn't get that real rabbits don't come in bright blue!

Last week was so stressful that I completely forgot Igor's speech therapy and playgroup class. So many other things on my mind, a showing that was for that morning and general stress played a big part. The horrible thing was is that I didn't even remember it until 7:00 pm the next night. I called the therapist and aplogized but felt like a real heal.

The agenda this week includes a visit to Old World Wisconsin tomorrow if the weather cooperates, an IEP meeting for Igor, Speech Therapy for Igor, lawn mowing, house cleaning, packing for the camping trip, cleaning up so the house can be shown while we are gone camping, a long drive, 2-3 days camping depending on the weather and a long drive home and un-packing all the camping gear again. Makes me tired thinking of it. I believe I'll take a bath and go to bed.

1 comment:

Diana said...

This is so not encouraging. I'm two weeks away from following in your footsteps and I'm so not excited!