Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wed already

So far the week is going by rather quickly. It's early and we will be out the door soon to Igor's speech therapy - the one I forgot last week. The boys are on the front porch watching tree removal guys cut down a large elm tree in the neighbors yard so that should buy me a few minutes of peace.

Monday a friend and I took the kids (her son included) to Old World Wisconsin. I'm glad it was a free thing because I would not have been amused to pay $16 each for us to get in. While things were interesting and historically accurate there wasn't much hands on stuff for the kids, few craftsmen to watch and the ones who were doing more than just standing around explaining things seemed to be minimally trained at best. The blacksmith only demonstrated making simple hooks, the girl that was spinning wool was tentative, there was no one on the big loom they had set up and the woman in that house said she had no idea how to run it. I guess I expected something more along the lines of Ozark Fold Center in Mountain View Arkansas but in historical buildings. There were also few farm animals even. I was surprised to find a girl I knew working there as an interpreter wearing all the 1880's garb and such. She said it was a fun job and really liked it. I'd always seen job postings for the place in the paper and thought it would be fun to do once the kids were older.

Tuesday was a busy day as well. I spent the morning doing house chores, and the early afternoon mowing. Happily Igor deciding to take a long nap which enabled me to get all the mowing done in one swoop. The afternoon included Igor's IEP meeting. He qualified for services and will have special ed preschool twice a week this fall - if we are still in here. The stuff will transfer to whatever school district we move to however but days and times are subject to change.

It looks as though the camping trip may be postponed for another week as the weather doesn't look like it will cooperate fully and I'm not up to dealing with terrible weather.

Well I must load the little Indians into the wagon and go to therapy. I pray that the bigger of the two Indians can hold his peace long enough so I don't kill him. 8:25 am and he's already lost TV privileges for the day and gotten a swat on his rear. Might be a long day, better get some coffee for the road!

No comments: