Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another day, another 1001 chores

The chore list is never ending lately. I guess I didn't realize how many little things Hubby does around the house till I get saddled with everyone of them from getting a drink of water for a kid to mowing the lawn. Couple the looooooong chore list with the Igor new found determination to start acting like a two year old I'm ready to drop by the end of the day.

The camping trip slated for the weekend cancelled due to weather being an issue down St. Louis way. Hubby will be driving home tomorrow after work and leaving again on Sunday evening so I expect more tears all around.

The last couple of days have gone pretty good, gotten more yard work done, painted our front steps which freshened things up a bit. I hope to get after the storm door with some goo gone tomorrow and see if I can remove the residue left from some old house numbers that were on there well before we moved in. You think I should have done that like 5 years or so ago? I'm trying to do the stupid projects that are cheap and I already have the stuff for in the hopes of adding a little curb appeal. I've also been working the flower beds over and fertilizing like a mad woman in the hopes of making things look lush. Honestly someone with a little know how, time and the ability to work the yard a bit could make it look like a magazine - I'm not that person, I do hope that person buys the house though. I've put lots of energy into the yard and would find it depressing to come back in a couple of years time and see it neglected. I know I find it depressing to go by our old house back in AR and see that the hedges haven't been trimmed since we moved and no one has bothered to spend $5 on a few flowers by the front door. I guess that's part of selling, however both the houses we have owned we tend to put much of ourselves in and it's hard loosing that.

One other thing... My little map thing over in the corner says I get hits from outside the U.S. on a pretty regular basis. Curious as to how your finding me, accident, adoption etc. Please leave a comment. Not to ignore my U.S. based fan base your welcome to leave comments too.

Well I should cut this short, I'm dropping off and should really bathe before I go to bed as the monkeys never give me that time in the am without worrying that they are tearing the house apart.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Little things, though they be small, accomplish much. That includes everything you've listed here and much more I'm sure you've omitted.
Sell, house, sell!

Hope you have a wonderful time with your dear hubby this weekend. :-)