Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sonny Boy takes Flight!

For those of you that know Sonny Boy you know that airplanes outrank just about everything on earth. Since he was a little guy he's always pointed up at planes and it was like having a little Tatoo with you everywhere going "plane, plane!!" He's since outgrown the need to point out every plane flying in the air - but does take notice if they are out of the ordinary - but still airplanes are a significant part of his little brain. I would hazard a guess he knows more about airplanes than the typical person on the street. Therefore to feed this craze we sometimes take him on outings to the local municipal airport to watch the planes take off and land. (hey, it's free and close to home) Hubby had taken him and Igor (who could care less) to the airport on Saturday while we were having an open house. While there a nice man struck up an conversation with Hubby and offered to take Sonny Boy flying sometime. Hubby gave him his number and didn't think we'd actually hear from him but thought it was nice. Later that evening he called and took Sonny Boy and Hubby up for a little flight around the area in his little plane.






Have you ever seen such a big smile!! The two of them had a blast and Sonny Boy even got to take the yoke and "fly" the plane a little. Nothing like that to fan the flames of the airplane obsessed little boy. I wonder how long Sonny Boy's love of aviation will continue? Is he one of those people who are just born knowing what they want to do? - Fly airplanes if you haven't guessed already, not fix them like dad. If he is, I envy him because today I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up, guess I better figure it out soon though.

On other fronts we had our first open house(s) this weekend. Our realtor does short 15 min open houses so everyone comes at once and it the hope is it will generate a sense of urgency. We officially had 4 lookers and one nosey. I wish I could have talked to the nosey as he used to own the house 30 years ago. I don't think anyone fell in love though, so we'll be at this a while longer. I do have all the house in nice order now though so it's only a matter of maintenance of keeping the clutter monster at bay.

Hubby's work is still crazy but no real news yet, there are several rumours but none of those seem to effect him directly. Hopefully the stimulus package will start trickling down quickly and make it into his company's hands. I hope for our sake, and the country's that it will be a start to turning this economic mess around.

Today at church our preacher had a sermon on the importance of being debt free and how it is related to scripture. Does your debt keep you from following God's call? A line he used is do you follow the Master or Mastercard when you are called. Interesting question.

A big hello to my faithful readers, our certainly quiet lately, are you still there? I know I'm being read by certain overstressed med student and Mrs. S but what about the rest of you? Leave a note!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I still peek in. Love the airplane pictures! Good luck with the job and house selling.

Caroline said...

I'm still following and appreciate you continuing to blog and post pictures. What a memorable day for Sonny Boy!

Winnie said...

Thanks gals, nice to know my rantings and ramblings are read.