Tuesday, February 24, 2009

STRESS

Isn't it amazing how one little thing can just send you into overload? My final straw was the van not starting yesterday morning when it was time to go get Sonny Boy from preschool. I was literally in tears calling Hubby at work having a breakdown in the driveway. Why? It was no big deal, I'm a big girl, I know how to jump a car - used to do it all the time when I worked in the automotive department at wal-mart in college so why did the need to drag out the battery charger and hook it up send me into a melt down?

These are the reasons in no paticular order, though some certainly are bigger worries.

Hubby's possible upcoming job loss - though nothing has actually been done yet the writing on the wall appears darker and darker.

Prepping the house for sell, the cabinets we had on order are now on backorder for another week and a half - in the meantime we've already ripped off the meager shelving we had in the kitchen and all the dishes are stacked in the dining room. Dealing with Menards and their refusal to care however I did get them to agree to a full refund if I can find cabinets in stock somewhere - problem is I'm trying to match some exisisting cabinets that no one seems to carry in stock.

The whole fear of keeping the house is "show condition" for God knows how long with two little kids running amok.

Knowing that Hubby's job is on the line I'm trying to line up some career goals of my own - nursing school which appears out of the question now, a teaching cert in WI? well maybe but what if we move to FL or NV? I'm in limbo and quite frankly not very marketable in the best of times. What the heck do you do with a history degree?

Dealing with the loss and hope of another adoption which even hubby was set to start again, but we just can't do it now and even if the job stays put we will stay in an apartment for several months till the economic situation settles and we feel safe again. Then there is a long wait just for the adoption aspect.

The upcoming loss of my dog. We are giving her away since we most likely will not be able to keep her in an apartment and it's not conducive to showing the house etc. While I'm not terribly attached to the dog I will miss her.

Attach these big worries with the daily stress of life with two young kids and I'm literally tied in knots. I'm literally in the bathroom a dozen times a day ( I know TMI). I must cut this short, I just needed some venting. I'm off this afternoon to hopefully find some cabinets in town so we can get the kitchen put back together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are not alone in your headline... but I send you good thoughts and hope things go better. We all have the off days that need to be vented.

Sent you an email

Newmom2