Thursday, February 5, 2009

GOOD News!

Children's Hospital called on Monday morning and rescheduled Igor's appointment from May 22 to tomorrow!! Yay!! They said that there was a cancellation, I can't imagine anyone canceling after waiting 4-5 months but I guess they did. Tomorrow we will trek to Children's, hubby will accompany us to the appointment as I'm sure it will be a quiz fest and I always feel if I'm being grilled and tested, makes me nervous. I've talked to Igor's speech therapist and she thinks there might be some structural issues related to adnoids, tonsils, or his pallette which is VERY highly arched. I hate to say that I wish surgery on my child, but honestly an easy out-patient surgery with a week or so recovery and then normal eating would be wonderful, much easier than dealing with therapy for months on end. I hope something is easily diagnosed and treated.

Other Igor related news - the kid has really made a dramtic difference in his personality the last month or two. He has always been a happy, easy-going kid and for the most part that hasn't changed, we are just seeing him really start to blossom socially and adjustment wise. Socially he's really wanting to play along and started a lot of pretend play. At his little speech therapy play group he's participating in all the songs and games and loves it. Adjustment wise he's finally starting to settle that this is home I suppose. Naps are frequently at least 1 1/2 hours sometimes 2 though somedays still short. Igor sleeps much more soundly at night and most nights doesn't wake to be soothed at all. That's a boon! Bedtimes are easy! The only bad side to the adjustment is we are seeing a lot more attitude, some doozy temper tantrums that I don't see a reason for and a lot of testing of limits.

I guess that's about all. I'll update if there is any worthy news from the feeding clinic appointment tomorrow.

No comments: