Thursday, July 9, 2015

Again with the crazy

For the most part I've let Mom do her drain circling uninterrupted the last few weeks.  Her last fracture she was so non compliant about wearing her walking boot I simply gave up telling her "when you can't walk you can go to the nursing home".

Today while I was out shuttling children to and fro she flagged down Hubby.  Seems Mom received a letter from the state of Wisconsin because her tax return was an absolute nightmare.  Hubby said she'd checked boxes saying others claimed her as dependent, she was married, and a variety of other stuff.  If you remember she fouled up her federal returns too .  Her regular bills are becoming crazier monthly.  I have her "have to" bills on auto pay, but I'm sure her chaos of medical bills would give a CPA a migraine.  I don't even attempt those.

I totally get she doesn't want to give up her independence on things and ask for help.  I really do, but it makes me so angry she screws things up and then asks for help and it takes twice the effort to straighten things back out.  Things are getting to the point where she really needs more help but she won't accept it or agree to pay for it.  I refuse to spend family money on things like cleaning people (she really needs someone regularly) when I'd dearly love to have a cleaning lady myself.  Sure I'm capable of cleaning her little place, but her lack of effort of keeping even a minimum standard of cleanliness makes me so mad I can't make myself go over there and do jobs she is more than able to do for herself. - I'm talking about throwing away empty soda cans and used paper plates.

I'm really at that juncture of taking over and heading off calamity and risking a huge family blow up or waiting for the calamity and picking up the pieces and saying told you so.

No comments: