Sunday, January 26, 2014

Update

What a crazy week.  It's so unbelievable that I have a casserole contingent coming to the house this week.  I'm thankful for that because honestly we are all gonna turn into fast food at the rate we are going.

Tuesday Sonny Boy broke his femur.  Wednesday he had surgery.  All went well with the surgery but he was kept in the hospital for pain control and to make sure he could manage some movement with help before he was sent home.  Friday we piled into the car with the trunk full of medical equipment, wheelchair, walker and crutches, and the rest of us so scrunched up we looked like illegal aliens crossing the border.

Since getting home it's stressful as we get up in the middle of the night to make sure meds stay level for pain control because if they start wearing off we certainly hear about it.  The stoic kid howls and throws a rocking fit.  Even when pain is under control he's a little bear - I think all of his sense of humor leaked out of his bone when it broke.  Over all he's doing pretty well though and we keep telling ourselves we'll be sitting on him in a week or two to keep him from re-injury.

Mom has finally turned a corner and has made significant progress in her therapy.  Her planned release date is now the 30th.  I'm still stressed as to how we are going to manage two invalids in the house, jobs, school and the like.  I guess we'll manage as there really isn't another choice.

Personally I don't think I can handle one more minute of stress.  I took my blood pressure the other day and it's high.  My neck, shoulders, and back are so tight that it honestly hurts to take a deep breath.  I told Hubby if only his mother or sister were closer I'd have her come stay the night and Hubby and I would just get a hotel room in order to have a good night's sleep, and not have the noise of the household at full volume.  Because no matter if the other is taking care of the situation you still can't really escape it in our house.

Well I see Hubby pulling in the driveway from a grocery store run.  I'm going to run up to visit Mom a bit in Milwaukee because I have guilt she's basically sat in the hospital all alone all week with only a brief stop in by Igor and I one night.



2 comments:

Lin said...

Oh my gosh. This is just too much...and I'm only reading it. I'd have to kill the husband for taking the kids to that dangerous hill. Yea....all is fun for dad and now who pays for it??? Ugh. I hope he isn't planning on any out of town trips anytime soon.

I'd run away if I were you. Come on over to my house...I'll cover for ya.

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived closer---I'd help you out!

Don't forget to 'breathe'...