Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Unfreakin' believable

Really, Really?!!  This has got to be some sort of record for bad luck.

I get a phone call today at work from Hubby "Does Sonny Boy have any allergies, and don't be mad." 

Sonny Boy's sled slammed into a chain length fence next to the sledding hill and broke his right femur.  Hubby had to call the ambulance to get him off the hill.  The same hill that Igor broke his leg on a few years ago.  The same hill I'd been telling the boys I didn't want them on because too many people in the family are already in the hospital and I can't deal with one more.  The same hill my co-worker whose husband is an EMS/ firefighter refused to let her kids go down because he responded to too many calls there. 

So today my afternoon was spent first at the local community hospital where Sonny Boy was x-rayed (let me tell you the x-ray makes one nauseas) and packaged up to go by ambulance to Children's hospital in Milwaukee.  I rode in the ambulance up with Sonny Boy while Hubby and Igor got a change of clothes for Hubby and came quickly behind.  We all hung out while they did more x-rays and got a consult from orthopedics.  Tonight Sonny Boy will be put in a traction boot and will have surgery tomorrow that will either be long pins or a plate depending on the surgeon.  The good news is it's a relatively clean break, not in the growth plates and should heal with few problems.  The bad news is it's surgery, a couple of days in the hospital, and several weeks on crutches.

I brought Igor home and will take him to school in the morning and head into Children's with a change of clothes and likely trade out with Hubby for the evening.  I may try to sneak over to the hospital Mom is in (across town) for a quick visit as I haven't been there in two days now. 

I just had to vent.  I'm really angry at Hubby over this.  While I know this was certainly not something he intended, he kept poo pooing my objections and letting the boys go on that hill, and now my already overloaded plate is now spilling onto the floor.


1 comment:

loridave said...

I have a husband like that, too. He is not safety-conscious like I am and takes unnecessary/foolish risks, despite my objections. It is extremely frustrating. It I'm sorry that this happened to your son. I hope that he heals up quickly, and I hope that your dh has learned his lesson (although too bad it had to be this way.) :-(((