Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life Happens

A big ole' bucket of life has been dumped in my lap the last few days and now I'm busy trying to clean it up. Yuck.

Hubby has had some stomach issues which led to some anxiety issues and things snowballed from there. He called me Sunday rather stressed with a migraine. I talked him through all my own tried and sometimes helpful headache remedies and instructed him to call me in one hour. They helped to relieve his headache, however he had a couple of nights of no sleep. Poor guy is stressed out.

Igor's lip has healed well. It's still a little puffy but there should be no lasting effects. Today however he woke up feeling fine and at 10:00 was was watching T.V. and crying. I asked him what was wrong and he tells me his throat hurt (Igor speak for "I'm gonna puke") so I rush him to the bathroom and we sit in the floor a while and then he complains his leg hurt. I'm not sure but I think the leg hurting was just a charlie horse. Igor never puked so I parked him with a bucket in front of cartoons and realized he was running a fever so I dosed him with some Tylenol. He was rather miserable for a while and then upchucked. Lovely. He then proceeded to throw up about every 2-3 hours all afternoon and evening with his fever returning in the evening. I had a Cub scout meeting to attend and Mom said he puked again while I was gone. I then went to Walgreens and picked up some tylenol suppositories for him. Igor was none to happy when I explained where the medicine would go but didn't fuss too much. I had him sip a little watered down gatorade as he drifted off to sleep. I hope he feels better tomorrow. I hope he keeps all the germs to himself.

I've been battling a migraine myself for two days. I've used up more than weekly allotment of Relpax so I'm having to just suffer through it. It's by far not a horrible headache but I've certainly felt better. Sure makes caring for a whiny pukey kid that much more miserable.

The battery died on the van. What pain. It didn't leave me sitting somewhere thankfully, but I did have to jump it from Hubby's car and take it in and get a new one installed. The guy that helped me was very pleasant but he had the strangest nose I've ever seen on person in my life. It wasn't a growth, it didn't look like any kind of a new injury. I told Hubby who had waited on me and he knew exactly who I was talking about. The best way to describe this nose was to say it looked like "cauliflower ear" that wrestlers can get. I so wanted to take a picture. Other than that the guy was totally unremarkable.

So I guess that's life in a nutshell. Fun huh? Hopefully Igor's pukes don't ravage the household in the next few days. If so I have Sonny Boy's promise to help out if all the grown ups go down at once!

2 comments:

Lin said...

"Excuse me, sir, thanks for helping with my car, but ....can I ask you for a photo of your nose???" Yeah, that's nice. Hee! hee!

Hope you are all feeling better soon. Everyone is sick around here too. Must be that time of year.

Winnie said...

Yeah, when he first walked up I had to tell myself to quit looking at it! I really want to post on FB "What's up with the guy at the auto store with the nose?" Cause I'm sure somebody probably "nose" him (I know horrible pun, couldn't resist)but that seem too rude.

Igor is back up and running - a 12 hour bug that so far has stayed to himself.