Sunday, January 9, 2011

Waiting....

Waiting on Hubby to come home from a training trip. He just left today, it will be a long week.

Waiting on my new Kindle to get here. Finally just ordered the thing. Merry Christmas to me. Happy about it too as the library shelves are quite picked over in winter.

Waiting on my new heated floor mat to come in. Where the bulk of the kitchen standing occurs is crazily cold on the floor. I put a thermometer there and while counter height was 68 it was 45 on the floor. I've insulated the floor from underneath in the basement and searched for cracks etc. The only conculusion we have drawn is that this corner is as far away from the radiator as you can be, on an exterior wall and covered by cabinets that of course we keep closed so when you stand there that chilled air seeps out and onto your feet. I found an industrial rubber warehouse mat that is heated. It won't be pretty but it's so miserable to cook due to cold feet I don't really care. I really don't think I should have to cook in snow boots in an otherwise comfortably heated house. I hope it works.

Waiting on a second opinion on Igor's leg. We are going to go see a pediatric orthopedist from Children's hospital on Tuesday.

Waiting on Dentist, both boys go on Thursday. I'm worried as Sonny Boy is now 7 1/2 and hasn't lost even one baby tooth. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Between Igor's crazy high arched palette and Sonny Boy not getting adult teeth I fear the dental bills we might be facing soon.

Otherwise life is crazy busy. Appointments, Cub Scouts, school, wrestling, Igor's impaired mobility (which unfortunately keeps him from preschool) and the usual business of life are moving along. January's calendar is rather full and sure to fill in some more.

No comments: