Monday, January 31, 2011

Life Settles...

at least a little. We haven't had the crazy amount of running that had been happening the last few weeks. There are certainly things still on the calendar but not to the extreme that it has been. Now I can start catching up on house projects. My first project is to get Igor's bedroom in order. I was browsing around on Craig's List and found him a new captain's bed. Currently it's on the front porch in need of a mattress and space clearing in his bedroom to put it. I wasn't really intending to purchase a bed that day but when looking at Craig's List you gotta jump when you see what you want.

Igor is doing very well with his cast. The doctor visit last week showed a remarkable improvement in the alignment of the bone and a couple of evil looking pins that will be removed in a couple of weeks (I'm not looking forward to that adventure, Igor is happily ignorant) The new short cast has made life easier for all. He can now crawl around the house and he is easier to carry and can fit in a grocery cart. Still several more weeks of cast yet to go.

I've been battling a nasty chest cold. Last week on Thursday was the worst and I felt as if I was hit by a truck. Darling hubby worked from home and I crawled in bed for the day. The cold is still lingering but I'm functional.

Sonny Boy got his report card. He is doing very well in most aspects of school, academically great. He did get dinged on things like completing work on time, socializing and those kind of things. EVERYONE of his low marks were easily attributable to ADHD. I can't imagine what they would if he were not medicated. I don't know if he's just goosing around more than he should or if he's really not in control of his actions. It's so hard to know when your not right there to judge for yourself. It might be time to adjust his meds. I will say he's come a long way though, while he's still quite a handful off his meds, he does try to listen and generally isn't the out of control pre-schooler he once was.

Hubby is busy with work. His boss declared Friday 'work from home day' since gas prices started climbing. That's nice because even though he stuffs himself in the office room he's around and can keep an eye on Igor while I run to the store, or pick up Sonny Boy from school and he's around for lunch or the quick odd question that crops up during the day. The downside is that he will be gone for a long stint of training in March. I'm not thrilled with that. He's going to the "big D" and quite frankly I've been there, done that and don't care to do it again. Although I will say March there is more like late May here and we'll still be getting snow.

Hubby has declared himself the "bringer of huge snows" this winter. He was stuck in the giant snowstorm that collapsed the Metro dome in Minneapolis, he was in Arkansas for a recent ice/snow event that shortened his training by a day, and a huge snow storm is expected in the next two days here where we live. He is NOT responsible however for the mess that has occurred on the east coast. While he was on the east coast in October he has not been back since, though I'm guessing he must have left some of his "snowfall dust" behind when I watch NYC digging out.

Well speaking of snowstorms I better make my way to the grocery. While I don't expect to be totally snowed in I don't really want to have to get out in it if I can help it.

No comments: