Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All's well

Yesterday was a marathon of stress. Igor's surgery wasn't scheduled till 3:00 pm, but we were scheduled to arrive at 1:30. We spent the morning getting a bath (as I guessed we wouldn't have a nifty waterproof cast anymore) and preparing to spend the night at the hospital since the doc had approved it with insurance and wasn't real sure how in depth the procedure would have to go to do things.

We showed up a little early and the sugery center staff was glad as the doc was running early and they rushed us on through. Yay, can't imagine why we needed to be there so stinking long before anyway. They gave Igor some goofy juice and he was off without a care in the world. 45 minutes later the doc plopped down next to me in the waiting room (I hadn't seen him come in, I was reading) told me he did fine. They did insert a couple of small pins but things went well. Come back and see him in his office in a week. A little while later I was called back to the recovery room and the nurse was just putting his glasses back on. He was calm, collected and a little loopy but not freaked out or scared which was my biggest worry. We hung out in there a little then we were moved to another place for observation for a bit. Since the surgery wasn't as involved as it could have been the doc gave clearance for Igor to leave. Igor was mad about this as he really wanted to spend the night! Well I guess it wasn't a horrible experience for him since he wanted to stay. Either way we were back home and on the couch by 6:30.

The good news is he has a much shorter cast, below the knee. The bad news of course no weight can be put on it AND it's not waterproof like the giant purple one. Bathing won't be as easy now but I've got some ideas, I just don't think I can stand the idea of sponge baths for 6 weeks.

Today my stress overload kicked in and I've not been worth shooting, had a migraine, have a giant zit break-out on my face and have been a knot on a log. Hopefully tomorrow I will be more productive. Igor however has been good, a little sore but not too bad and I've had to enforce couch sitting today as he wanted to be scooting around on the floor. I didn't think that was a good idea just yet as I figured 24-48 hours should be given before he's moving around.

As you know I have no pictures, I'll get pics up of his new Razorback Red short cast up soon.

No comments: