Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lingering Nastiness

Well I would say we are starting to recover from the bug that hit the household, things ARE better but still not really good. Igor was still hacking away on Monday morning and had developed a sore on his index finger that looked pretty inflamed after a weekend of neosporin and band-aids. Off to the MD we go... The doc listened to Igor's lungs and could hear some rattling so he sent us off across the parking lot to get an X-ray. We strolled across in the snow and he smiled while they took his picture and then we went back over to the clinic. By this time the doctore had rounded up the swabs he needed to take a swab of the finger to try and determine if the sore was bacterial or viral. The news was it did appear there might be some pneumonia, but it's an iffy call so he was started on an antibiotic for that, we have to wait for the radiologist to read the film to determine if it's serious or not, though I doubt it's bad at this point and Igor doesn't seem to have any ill effects other than the nasty cough.


As for me, I'm having weird stomach issues. When they first appeared I attributed them to the amount of tylenol, asprin, and ibuprofen being taken for fever. However things still are not back to normal and I seem to walk around with at least some amount of stomach pain at all times punctuated my severe bouts that send me running to the restroom. Too much information I know. Regardless if this odd round of illness doesn't clear in a day or so I'll head into the MD myself. Nothing like trying to meet the insurance deductable all within the first few months of the year.
I finally got my new glasses. ( Forgive the bad self portrait ) I can't decide if I like them or not. It seems all the new frames are thicker like this, and the smaller wire frames are going away. I'm not positive I like them so much. I do feel like I tend to get stuck in a rut fashion wise at times and need to something from time to time to keep myself from being dated. If I don't my comfort zone still includes big 80's hair. Though some of those clothes do seem to be coming back but I tend to stick to the rule if you wore it the first time around you don't wear it the second time. However I have now worn most fashion trends short of hoop skirts, so I guess I'm doomed to start edging into old lady.
Sunday I went out and about on my own and decided to go watch Avatar. Not generally my choice of film. In fact when I saw the trailers for it I thought it looked perfect for the average 14 year old boy. I was pleasantly surprised, and thought it was pretty good, certainly not a kid's show, I couldn't believe the amount of young children in the theatre and while I don't wish it on the kids I hope they kept their parents up all night with nightmares. THINK PEOPLE! As a rule I think the ratings are a good guide and you can use your discretion, a mature 12 year old watching a PG-13 or maybe even some R rated movies, OK. But a 5 or 6 year old (yes that's how old some of the kid's were) is never mature enough for a PG-13 movie. I did have a good time at the movie, I think was the first time I had ever gone to the movies alone. Why do we think we need a companion at the theatre? It's not like you can really discuss the movie while it's playing, movie watching is basically a solo sport, so why is it something we rarely do alone. This was verified by the lack of popcorn and soda combos for a single person available at the concession stand. A new found activity though, as I usually try to get out of the house sans kids for a little while on the weekends to gain a little sanity back and up till this point the only activity I've found is shopping which I'm not overly fond of when I don't have money to spend.
Today we have gotten a few inches of snow overnight so the kids are out of school. Igor would be out anyway as the Dr. said to keep him home but now I have Sonny Boy here as well, who's volume level is 20 times that of Igor.
Well I really must get my rear in gear. Things have been slacking so much around here. I'M GONNA FIRE THAT MAID!! when she ever shows up to work!

1 comment:

junglemama said...

You look beautiful in those glasses Winnie! So glad to hear about Igor's progress in school. Way to go Igor!