Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Too much Christmas?

ARRRGGG! Currently Rudolph is playing on one TV and Frosty on the other because the boys can't agree on which Christmas movie to watch. Wouldn't be so bad but I can hear both of them and there really is no way to turn either down.

The Christmas shopping D-O-N-E, I will wrap tomorrow while the kids are at school. Just waiting on the big man to cram himself down the chimney - I guess he'll go into the boiler?

Things have been pretty lackluster here. The kids and I battled colds all last week, nothing serious but lots of mucous around the house for a few days. On Sunday I took Sonny Boy into the I-Max theater to see Santa vs the Snowman. I'm not sure I like the "I-Max experience" I didn't realize I would literally have to turn my head to see the entire screen and the constant stuff in my visual periphery quickly had my head spinning, I'm glad it wasn't a full length film. I wonder if the I-max thing gets better with big pictures where the photography is as much the movie as the plot? I'm thinking Dances With Wolves would be good - showing the huge expanse of open plain kind of thing.

Riding and working at the barn has taken a good chunk of time. I'm rarely out there more than a couple of hours at a time, but add the 30 minute drive and the fact I'm there about 3 days a week. I don't mind though, it's something to do and Igor has overcome his fear of cats and horses. Personally I'm living with a severely stiff body. Finding muscles that haven't been used in years, both riding and working has me a little gimpy. It's fun though, getting back into the riding and I'm starting to remember - kinda like falling off a bike! Happily it's not falling off a horse.

We've had no luck with renting the house up in WI so I guess it sits empty. Our wonderful neighbor is going to keep an eye on things and make sure the sidewalk is cleared of snow. Right now we are just letting it sit and hoping something wonderful will happen. Financially we've somehow been able to float the mortgage without dipping into savings - though no bank accounts are currently growing at all. Thankfully we had little debt and Hubby decided to refinance the cars just before he was laid off (we expected the layoff) to lower our car payments significantly, we'll be paying for them forever but at least we have decent vehicles that will hopefully make it for a while.

The kids are all doing very well. Sonny Boy's reading is getting better everyday and I think he's pretty bored with his school work as it's not challenging to him at all. Igor loves going to school and talks about his teachers and the other kids but somehow I have a feeling he doesn't speak unless spoken to when he's there. I will say his teacher is super enthusiastic and was thrilled to show me he had written "E"s the other day. She is a cute girl, hope she doesn't burn out teaching as I can imagine that has a quick burn out rate.

Well I suppose that's all there is, gotta get back to my dishes. I let them pile up and I hate it when I do that.

2 comments:

suemo said...

Hey Winnie. On an unrelated topic, Tom wants to talk to you about a potential buyer for your house.

Your wisconsin friend,
Suemo

Courtney said...

I'm envious of your horsebackriding. :) It's been years since I rode and I still really miss it. Did you guys have horses in WI too?