Monday, December 16, 2013

Well Darn

That's not really what I want to say, but I at least try to keep the cursing down in to the smaller print.  Go ahead, guess where I'm at?  Yeah in the ER with mom.  Today I grabbed a couple of bags of groceries for her and when she came to the door to let me in she grabbed the groceries and asked me to go get her mail.  When I walked back in the house she was on the floor.  Black out again.  I helped her get up and she though she might have pulled a muscle in her back.  I got her in her chair, chased down the cardiologist who said she needed to stop taking xyz drug which was dropping her blood pressure and call again tomorrow.  I washed her dishes that had taken over the kitchen and did some tidying up, something I usually refuse to do because frankly mom is lazy.  I went home and took care of some scout stuff while Hubby scrapped up some supper, I ate and went back over to mom's to finish dishes and make her something to eat.  I fixed her a sandwich which she ate and I was going to help her get in the shower she couldn't put any weight on her right leg.  No way no how could she move.  I had Igor go get Hubby who came over and we decided she needed to go to the ER.  Hubby tried to lift her like a child and she couldn't tolerate it so we ended up calling an ambulance.

Now I'm sitting in a miserably uncomfortable chair, typing on the I pad and listening to my doped up on morphine mother rambling on and on and on.  I thought you were just supposed to sleep on those drugs.  Anyway we are waiting to see how bad the damage is.

Fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((Hugs))))))))) I hope that your mother is doing okay. It sucks when parents are having health problems, I know.

Lin said...

ugh.

I hope things get better for you in the New Year.