Friday, February 22, 2013

Copyrighted

I hereby officially copyright my blog.  Why?  Well I figure it's good fodder for a dramady plot line and I don't want some Hollywood big wig to stumble over it and make a zillion dollars without cutting me in.  After all, it is my crazy life which keeps getting crazier.

You'll never believe the latest episode..

Yesterday I discovered that Mom has not been taking her anti-depressants correctly in God knows how long.  I figured this out as she was trying to get refills and I knew she was supposed to take two of one of the pills and she had only been taking one.  I called the doctor got the Rx's straightened out so hopefully we will see some sort improvement there.  Like I explained to the pharmacist and the doctor's nurse "she follows what's written on the bottle, the directions must be written on the bottle".  The mix up came when she had just filled a Rx and then the shrink changed dosages on her and told her to double one since she had just had it filled and with no insurance you use what you have.

The other thrilling moment came when Mom left to go the pharmacy to pick up the Rx she slipped on a patch of ice in the driveway.  She got up, embarrassed and got into her car and drove the 6 blocks or so to Walgreens.  When she got to Walgreens she felt something on her neck, put her hand up there and it came away covered in blood.  Mom drove home and came in with blood all down her neck, shirt, a wad of napkins.  A mess.  I stuck her head in the kitchen sink to rinse some of the blood away because past experience tells me head wounds bleed a lot even if they are very minor.  We got down to the gash, found a huge goose egg and a very open wound that definitely needed some stitches.  I stuck dinner in the oven, I had just finished preparing, set the timer and told Hubby to feed it to the kids and himself.  Loaded Mom into the van and off to the ER.  We get to the ER and it's stuffed, so we wait, and wait, and wait.  Then Mom moved around and much to the waiting room's horror it was discovered she'd been dripping blood down her arm onto the floor.  I told the girl working the desk who brought me some gauze which mom quickly soaked through as I held it to the head wound.  Finally they found her a place to land in the ER hallway and a nurse came by and wrapped up her head like a war wound battle dressing, just as two ambulances pulled in with two women who had been in a car accident, one of them not a very good English speaker.  In between the vehicle accident women the doctor stopped by and ordered a CT scan and Mom was whisked away for a CT scan. 

When she returned from the CT scan she was put in a room and nice nurse cleaned at the wound and stapled her up.  15 staples in her head later and she was still oozing blood pretty good.  The doctor then ordered some sort of blood clotting bandage gauze stuff put on it and wrapped up her head and ordered us to leave it on 24 hours.  Yuck, her hair was FULL of blood and there would be no real washing it that night.  We finally get home at 9:00 pm, I put Mom in the tub and wash the hair that was hanging out of the dressing and her neck, ears and the like.  We eat and all climb into bed.

This morning I awoke with a migraine, stumbling out of bed just long enough to find my miracle drugs.  I finally crawled out at 1:00 pm.  Thankfully Hubby was working from home and got the kids off to school.  Mom's dressing had come off in the night, and the wound had bled some on her pillow but not too bad and seemed to have clotted up.  I put her in the bathtub and with the hand held shower I worked at her hair rinsing blood and blood clots out and shampooing around the wound for a good long while.  What a nasty mess.  After I gave up I combed it out and there was still tons of gunk in her hair but it will have to wait as I don't think the wound needs to get wet again for a day or two.  Her hair is reasonably clean, but not good.

This weekend is supposed to be blessedly quite.  No wrestling tournaments, no projects planned, nothing on the agenda. 

Wrestling tournaments are our weekends lately.  Last weekend Sonny Boy placed third in some pretty stiff competition and was only one point from placing second.  Next weekend is another tournament that will likely be pretty tough.  The weekend after that is regional which will likely be the end of wrestling season unless Sonny Boy pulls something out his hat and makes it to state which we figure is pretty unlikely.

Well, that's my crazy life lately.  Like I said, fodder for some dramady on TV.  I really don't make this up, it's too wild for my imagination.





2 comments:

Lin said...

That Mom is sure a ton of fun to have around. ;)

I'm just glad that was all the damage she had from that fall. It could have been so much worse. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being "real"...although I am sorry that things really are this way for you :-(

Congrats on the copyright. Hopefully now you can rest, assured that you will at least make some money if some movie producer does incorporate your story into a horror show...

(hey, my life isn't any better!)

Hang in there!