Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am going NUTS...

and no amount of pharmaceuticals are going to bring me back to a normal place.

I have given up the fight of getting Mom to do anything and therefore now she doesn't.  She only dresses 3 maybe 4 days a week.  She does no exercises or PT for the bad shoulder and regularly gets stuck in her clothes and I have to pull them off of her.  I wash her clothes, cook her meals and she comes to the table, eats and puts her dishes beside the sink.  On a rare occasion - when I ask she will load the dishwasher however she never really cleans the kitchen, just puts the dishes in the machine and turns it on.  She never washes the few dishes that I don't allow in the dishwasher or wipes down the counter tops.

The thing that drives me the most insane is the incessant chatter and noise.  We put a TV in her room which has been quite helpful as she was mad we wouldn't let the kids watch shows like CSI.  The problem now is it runs all the time at a fairly high volume.  When it's not on she's chattering to the dog, herself or trying to make inane conversation. 

Social Security sent a letter last week and they are sending her to her their own doctor for evaluation on Feb 11.  It will not come soon enough.

The ONLY thing she's handy for is a body for a babysitter, but she just lets the kids play video games, or watch TV till their eyes bug out.  Honestly they can manage that on their own.

Sonny boy is in a spell where I'm ready to strangle him.  He is so disrespectful of me and no amount of grounding is working.  I called Hubby this morning and said we have to come up some sort of punishment that gets through to the kid.  He's also had some problems at school as well and I am not amused.

Well I better get up and do something.  I spent most of the day hiding in my room sleeping as that keeps my stress level at a minimum when I'm not looking at a person who does less than the dog sit and watch TV all day.  We got a little snow this morning and I need to go clean that up.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Do you think your son is depressed? You know, there is a lot going on there and maybe he is struggling as well. Or maybe he is being bullied at school?

He might need a night out with you to get outta there and maybe you can talk to him then.

I dunno..just a thought.

Winnie said...

I thought about the bully aspect but other than his outright disrespectful behavior to me and getting in trouble (mostly talking to one particular kid)at school no other changes seem to have surface. He hasn't said anything about other kids either. I spoke with his scout leader who does a lot of volunteering in his classroom and has twin boys in there and from what she sees and hears he sucks into the wrong kids.
I'm beginning to understand the allure of home school. But to be frank; the kid has already outpaced me in the math department.

Anonymous said...

You certainly have a lot on your plate. I empathize with you. I'm finding that life is more difficult than I ever thought it would be. Ugh.