Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Guest Post

I thought a tongue in cheek post by Callie might be fun.....

Hi blog readers I'm Callie.  I've been back living with Mom & Dad for about a month now and I can say it's not so bad, though I do have to say the eating is not near as good as when I lived with Grandpa and for some reason nobody lets me sleep with them or on the couch either.

I'm adjusting, the short one - Mom told me to call him Igor here - and I have finally made friends and  has quit acting like I was going to eat him every time he came near and since then he doesn't make me so nervous anymore.  I don't like the short one an awful lot, but he's OK I guess, he doesn't do anything mean to me and he's all about giving me treats so it's fine. 

The bigger kid - Sonny Boy - is really fun.  He plays All. The. Time.  I really get kind of tired of it, I'm not the young pup I once was.  I'm never bored when Sonny Boy is home.

Most days I sleep a lot.  Mom got me my own cushion and told me that was my place and won't let the kids play on it.  The cushion is really comfy and the calluses on my elbows are starting to look better.  The other day Mom gave me a REALLY BIG ham bone.  IT WAS SO GOOD!!  I chewed on it for 5 hours straight and Mom said my teeth are looking better already.

Mon thru Fri is pretty calm during the day, the kids go to school, Dad goes to work and it's just Mom, Grandma and I.  Grandma is pretty Ok, she takes me outside often cause she's going out to puff on that smelly stick a lot.  I run around the yard and she yells at some dog named Winnie to come in, but I just ignore that because my name is Callie after all.  Grandma gets mad and fusses at Winnie - whoever the hell that is - and I lie down on my bed.  I really like the afternoon as Mom lets me ride along when it's time to go get the kids from school.  Friday we went to a place where a woman was behind a big window, I "woofed" at her and Mom told me to "hush" and then the lady in the window sent me a cookie in her slider tray thing - I want to go back there.

Mom fusses after me.  The other day she took me outside and stuck little flags in the yard and every time I went past one the black box on my collar would beep.  I think Mom was making the box beep but it's clear I'm supposed to stay inside the flags.  I hear her say she's gonna put the shocker things on the collar in a day or two whatever that means.  About once a  week Mom makes me sit down and she brushes me and then sucks all the hair off of me with a really loud machine with a hose.  I don't like the sucker machine, but like most things here things may be a little scary but they don't hurt.

I keep hearing I gotta get used to people.  There are a lot of people here, they walk by the house all the time and I can't figure out why.  Sometimes they even have dogs with them!  How dare they come near my turf,.  I bark and bark and everybody always tells me to "hush" and "knock it off".  Doesn't everybody see these people next to the house?

Anyway I guess it's Ok here.  Not that I have much choice anyway, at least I'm someplace I know and I get lots of attention even if the grub isn't that good.

1 comment:

Lin said...

sounds like life there is good, but everyone needs to get adjusted to each other. :)